SAIC is seeking a Help Desk Technician resource to support a 24x7 data center and its users at a customer site in Princeton, NJ. The candidate will help manage the operation of the supercomputer, associated systems, and support the user's computer systems in a heterogeneous environment.
Activities will include the monitoring of batch compute jobs, network performance, and facility infrastructure. The candidate will be working with highly technical climate scientists and must have great communication skills to respond to user requests in a user-friendly and professional manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under the guidance of professional staff, troubleshooting computer hardware problems, analyzing production job performance issues, and proactively monitoring performance of the Laboratories networking environment to identify and coordinate resolution of problems;
- Monitor all health of local and remote systems within the High Performance Program;
- Answer Help Desk requests at a Tier I Level, providing adequate triage and follow-up;
- Develop and maintain scripts for operation use;
- Escalate HPC issues to system and vendor staff;
- Troubleshoot user issues, responding to Help Desk tickets, keeping users informed of resolution progression;
- System deployments and routine maintenance such as patching, updates, etc.;
- Triage and investigate tickets for users as they come in;
- Perform operations level technical tasks i.e. reset passwords, resolve printing/scanning issues, peripheral hardware issues, etc.
- Perform operations logistics such as building checks, package logging, visitor processing, answer phone calls, etc.;
- Taking on non-interference projects;
- High School Diploma Required; Associates in information Information Technology or related field is Preferred
- 2+ Year of experience working directly with general Information Technology;
- Experience working with Windows, Linux, or Mac Systems;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Excellent customer service skills;
- All candidates MUST be able to perform 12 hour shift work including overnight, weekend work, and OT, as scheduled or as necessary. This position will alternate with approximately 12 hour shifts 3 days during the first week of a period and 4 days the second week of the period for a total of 80 hours per period;
- US Citizenship required with the ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance;
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.