Job ID: 2110131
Location: , AK, United States
Date Posted: Jul 7, 2021
Subcategory: Cybersecurity Spec
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is seeking an experienced Information System Security Officer (ISSO) to support the cybersecurity of Air Force command and control systems managed by the 611th Air Communications Squadron (611 ACOMS) at Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson (JBER).
The Information System Security Officer (ISSO) will:
• Ensure systems comply with the RMF 6-step process IAW DoDI 8510.01 and AFI 17-101.
• Determine the required levels of Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability for the systems under development and select appropriate controls
• Develop RMF artifacts in support of obtaining ATCs, IATTs, and ATOs for 611 ACOMS systems
• Develop, manage, and update System Security Plan and assessment and authorizations packages and provide any change to the ISSM or designee
• Produce list of applicable DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) for the system
• Document all findings and decisions for each applicable control
• Manage hardware and software lists provided by the system’s developer; ensure the most current template is utilized that can be exported and imported from Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS)
• Deliver RMF artifacts to the 611 ACOMS for inclusion in RMF packages
• Assist the Government/ISSM in reviewing all cybersecurity documents as required for RMF process
• Provide recommendations for Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) implementation and risk mitigations, using cybersecurity training and experience, to the 611 ACOM
• Assess and provide tactical and strategic management of cybersecurity for systems in the portfolio, including the development of cybersecurity policy, strategies, and plans incorporating high-level directives, as well as the translation of strategic cybersecurity posture into specific cybersecurity requirements
• Maintain open lines of communication with development engineers and support personnel within the 611 ACOMS for accurate portrayal of systems within artifacts and to ensure awareness of completion status and timelines
• Provide continuous support in monitoring affected system after ATO is achieved to include
• Perform vulnerability and compliance scans of CDD-WR systems using DISA’s Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS)/Tenable Nessus
• Perform the necessary scans of 611 ACOMS systems using the most current, official criteria for inclusion in the RMF packages and in support of the development of the Plan of Actions and Milestones (POA&M)
• Assess and verify that cybersecurity requirements addressed at an acceptable level of risk in architecture specifications.
• Assess and present program cybersecurity and protection issues, and recommend solutions, mitigation, or corrective actions through the risk management process of the 611th portfolio/programs.
• Support and facilitate cybersecurity Integrated Working Group meetings.
• Coordinate with all 611 ACOMS personnel/contractors to validate that appropriate cybersecurity requirements are applied to systems
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
DoD 8570.01-M IAM Level II (CAP, CASP+ CE, CISM, CISSP (or Associate), GSLC, CCISO) or higher (CISM, CISSP (or Associate), GSLC, CCISO)
• 3-5 years minimum as an Information System Security Engineer or Officer
• Experience in applying information systems security principles, concepts, and methods for RMF, eMASS, and ACAS toolsets and project management principles across IT disciplines and DoD information systems
• Experience in applying security principles to all states of system development from requirements development through operational acceptance
• Experience at the enterprise level in system design and architecture development with modern computer platforms (e.g., OS, cloud computing, datacenter operations)
• Experience in conducting information systems security assessments, evaluating IA and Cybersecurity controls, and conducting and supporting RMF activities
• Experience with Operational Air Force systems
Active Secret Clearance
• B.S or higher in either Electrical Engineering, Network Engineering, Software Engineering or Computer Sciences earned within the last 20 years and Secret Clearance
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.