Job ID: 2110106
Location: SAN FRANCISCO, CA, United States
Date Posted: Jul 6, 2021
Subcategory: Cyber Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: Yes
Benefits: Click here
We seek a Senior Cybersecurity Engineer to provide requirement analysis, architecture, design, engineering, integration, implementation, optimization, documentation and operations of our customer's data center, WAN and cloud environments. The Senior Engineer will serve as the principle technical advisor and subject matter expert for IT security. Must have demonstrated ability to manage complex tasks and provide mentorship and direction to SOC staff.
The Senior Engineer shall:
· Provide expertise in the engineering design, development, direction, and implementation of enterprise network cyber defense capabilities to prevent sophisticated cyber threats and vulnerabilities, or detect when prevention fails.
· Understand the fundamentals of layered defense and zero trust technologies and processes.
· Understand the lifecycle of the network threats, attack vectors and methods of exploitation.
· Have specialized knowledge in computer network theory and understand IT standards and Cyber Security Tools architectures, including but not limited to, the OSI model and the methods of exploiting those standards.
· Be familiar with the utilization, configuration, and implementation of industry standard cyber defense capabilities, including but not limited to, web content filters, WAF, IDS, IPS, Ingress and Egress Proxies, SEIM, DNS security practices, advanced log analysis, network monitoring, network flow analysis, packet capture analysis, network proxies, firewalls, anti-virus capabilities, and access control lists.
· Manage third party penetration testing of environments, and manage mitigation of findings across multiple technology teams.
· Have deep understanding of SSL Certificate chains and be able to make recommendations for best practices in lifecycle and deployment.
· Have experience securing both physical and Azure or AWS environments.
· Drive adoption of architectures and practices to meet security policy documentation, and compliance to NIST Framework and security best practices.
· Develop documentation on standard processes and procedures for security staff
· Read and respond to vulnerability reports, propose mitigation plans and manage until resolved.
· Develop security reports for senior management and customer.
· Provide top tier incident response including direction to NOC/SOC staff, other technology teams, and coordination with customer security personnel and law enforcement.
· Provide superior customer service, providing expertise and guidance and meeting customer expectations in a timely, helpful and friendly manner.
· Be a highly motivated self-starter, able to work with little direct supervision.
· Be a strong communicator, both written and oral, and possess good time management skills.
· Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in Information Technology, Engineering, or related field, and 5 years or more of IT security experience.
· Any cybersecurity certification such as Security+, CISSP, CISM, ISSMP, etc
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.