SAIC has an opportunity for an Sr. Systems Administrator / Engineer. This position is located in Pearl City, Hawaii.
The Software, Simulation, System Engineering and Integration (S3I) Directorate, DEVCOM Aviation & Missile Center (AvMC) is supporting the USINDOPACOM and the K. Mark Takai Pacific Warfighting Center on Oahu, Hawaii. This includes Modeling and Simulation (M&S) to support end to end life cycle development and execution, ensuring warfighter readiness and future capabilities are realized.
The Sr. Systems Administrator / Engineer will work within our team, helping to build out, maintain, and troubleshoot our virtual and physical infrastructure in deployed an on-premises computing environments. The candidate must be equipped and able to work in a dynamic and rapidly expanding environment. The person is responsible for providing secure installation, systems integration, and technical support for the VMware virtual environment and Microsoft Active Directory (AD) and Windows 2016/2019 servers used in the deployed IT exercise support kits. Provide support for a client base of Windows 10 and Office 2016/2019/Office 365 products.
This successful candidate will serve as part of a talented team of system administrators and engineers who collectively demonstrate excellent technical competency, reliability in delivering mission critical infrastructure, and who continually ensure the highest levels of accessibility, optimization, and security. Qualified systems engineers’ applicants will have a strong background in IT, computer systems engineering, or systems engineering and analysis.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or a related field in addition to 8 years of experience relevant to Systems Administration
- Master's Degree is preferred
- Meet DoDM 8570.2 IAT II or III requirements (CompTIA Security+/CASP, or ISC2 CSSP/CISSP)
- Troubleshooting Windows based environments.
- Evidence of significant experience in Windows 2016/2019 AD and Servers.
- Evidence of experience with virtualization and containerization (VMware, Azure).
- Proven scripting skills (e.g., PowerShell scripts).
- Strong networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP).
- Ability to operate independently with minimal oversight.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Server 2016/2019, Active Directory, SQL Server 2016/2019 Enterprise, Exchange Server 2016 through 2019, and SharePoint 2016/2019.
- Advanced knowledge of VMware vSphere, ESXi, vSAN and Horizon virtualization technologies, IP networking, DNS, and systems integration.
- Experience in managing complex networks in both disconnected and connected states, utilizing a mix of Cisco, Aruba networking components supporting secure wireless and wired architectures.
- Understanding of Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) and the use of PKI to secure network communications and systems, to include the deployment of Certificate Authority (CA) servers, software and hardware used in classified DOD environments.
- Knowledge and expertise in implementing DISA STIGs and DOD vulnerability management toolsets like HBSS and ACAS.
- Analyze, interpret & recommend solutions for system shortfalls, discrepancies or improvements in security related technologies and access requirements.
Operational functions include: (80%)
- Propose and create system design models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to system programmer and development teams.
- Design and perform server and security audits, system backup procedures, and other recovery processes in accordance with the company’s disaster recovery and business continuity strategies. Particular attention to secure configuration and availability of critical servers and applications.
- Integrate servers, including database, e-mail, print, and backup servers and their associated software into enterprise systems and applications.
- Ensure system connectivity of all servers, shared software, groupware, and other applications.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, mapping, processes, and service records for Active Directory, servers, and systems.
- Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new systems.
- Monitor and test system performance; prepare and deliver system performance statistics and reports.
- Monitor and report network intrusion incidents in accordance with local procedures, and support ongoing cyber network defense hardening efforts.
- Optimize network and systems through performance monitoring and make recommendations to the customer on systems improvements.
- Design, install and deploy secure product enhancements within a mixed VMware and Microsoft environment. Adhere to Department of Defense secure configuration requirements and Microsoft best practices.
- Comply with local vulnerability management procedures, which include patch management, regression testing, and reporting.
- Provide oversight on capacity planning, redundancy and monitoring database growth.
Strategy & Planning (10%)
- Collaborate with internal staff and external customers to ensure smooth and reliable operation of software and systems for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
- Work with the customer’s executive team members, decision makers, and stakeholders to define business requirements and systems goals, and to identify and resolve business systems issues.
Design & Deployment (10%)
- Design and deploy new applications and enhancements to existing applications, software, and operating systems as approved by the customer.
- Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed systems to aid management in making design or deployment decisions.
- Conduct research on software and systems products to justify and support design recommendations.
- Interact with customer to provide analysis and recommendations on secure system-related products and services.
- Must have an active Secret clearance
- Must be able to obtain a TS/SCI clearance
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.