The Director of Operational Accounting is a highly visible position and is responsible for closing books periodically, quarterly, and annually. This position is mainly responsible for revenue recognition on over 2,100 active contracts and is in excess of $7B. The successful candidate will regularly interact with SAIC’s senior management and professional service providers. This position reports to the Assistant Corporate Controller.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee an Operational Accounting Team, which consists of 27 professionals, including 3 direct reports.
- The Team is responsible for periodic and quarterly close cycles, with respect to recording program revenue, direct cost accruals, explanation of contract fee fluctuations, and the review of unbilled receivables.
- Responsible for the application of the Company’s revenue recognition policy, which includes determining the appropriate revenue recognition on contracts and review CostPoint project setup for accuracy based on the terms and conditions of the contract.
- Coordinates the quarterly Estimate at Completion (EAC) process and working directly with Business Operations Finance teams to ensure EACs are completed in accordance with company policy.
- Actively participate in the financial reporting process for revenue related disclosure items.
- Engage with the external auditors in support of their respective audits.
- Work closely with Government Compliance and Contract teams to manage revenue recognition associated with indirect rate variances and to support the contract closeout process.
- Maintain and monitor department compliance with internal controls, policies and procedures and other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Required Skills:
- 12+ years of accounting operations experience for a US government contractor, including revenue Recognition (ASC 606), Direct Costs Accruals, Unbilled/Billed AR reconciliations.
- Strong knowledge of Deltek’s suite of applications, to include Costpoint and Cognos. Primary emphasis on evaluating setup related to revenue recognition, ensuring entries are timely included in the financial statements and analyzing output to ensure accuracy of the revenue calculation.
- Previous experience of managing and supervising a diverse team of accounting professionals in a remote/teleworking environment.
- Experience reviewing Estimates at Completion (EAC) calculations and documentation.
- Excellent understanding of ASC 606 and US GAAP.
- Demonstrated success working with large volumes of data, within the Deltek framework, and external data such as excel or other data mining and reporting tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A proven ability to be decisive, resolve issues and timely deliver on commitments/deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a respectful, positive, and professional disposition while engaging with internal and external customers.
Target salary range: $175,001 - $200,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.