Job ID: 219920
Location: KEARNEYSVILLE, WV, United States
Date Posted: Jul 1, 2021
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Sys Administrator
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Remote Work: No
Benefits: Click here
JOB DESCRIPTION: Performs high-level, day-to-day operational maintenance, support, and upgrades for complex operating systems, workstations and servers. Coordinates, directs and performs complex software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages. Schedules installations and upgrades and maintains them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures. Continually monitors and tunes multiple systems to achieve optimum performance levels. Ensures workstation/server data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions of varying complexities. Ensures data/media recoverability by developing and implementing a schedule of system backups and database archive operations. Plans and implements the modernization of servers. Develops, implements and promotes standard operating procedures and schedules. Conducts hardware and software audits of workstations and servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines. Incumbent develops and implements new standards, policies and procedures. Incumbent in this job works closely with Network and Systems Analysts to help determine and develop the systems that will be implemented.
Required Education and Experience:
Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
-US Citizen with the ability to obtain a Secret Clearance. An Interim Secret Clearance will be required to start the position
- Working knowledge of Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server for versions 5, 6 and 7. Comparable experience with CentOS, Ubuntu, openSUSE or Debian may be substituted but seeking candidate with primary experience in maintaining RHEL systems.
- Deeper knowledge of RHEL than is required of a Red Hat level 1 technical support engineer or for simply passing a certification examination
- Good knowledge of Linux-PAM (Pluggable Authentication Modules for Linux), SSH, SMTP, SNMP, NFS, and other Linux core services.
- Ability to set up and troubleshoot problems with networking between RHEL and non-RHEL platforms such Windows Server.
- Ability to learn new products and technologies.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Outstanding customer service and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability of end-to-end problem management and ownership
- Ability to create and manage work instructions, system and project documentation.
- Working knowledge of authentication functions and protocols such as LDAP, Kerberos, and Active Directory
- Scripting knowledge to automate tasks and processes utilizing bash, ksh, python, etc.
- Understanding of system security concepts and mitigation strategies (POAMs, vulnerabilities) to include test and planning procedures.
- Conceptual knowledge of SAN and or NAS systems.
- Ability to manage endpoints with enterprise tools such as Red Hat Satellite, Red Hat Spacewalk or IBM BigFix.
- Experience with backup solutions
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator or equivalent a PLUS
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.