SAIC is looking for a Risks and Opportunities Engineer to support the Space and Missile Systems Center Advanced Systems & Development Directorate (SMC/AD). In this role, you work with risk owners to formulate proper handling plans, leading and conducting the various Risk and Opportunity Management Boards (ROMBs), and creating risk burn-downs and determine net factored risk. In addition, you’ll help the program to quantify and analyze technical, schedule and cost risks involved with stable and accurate program execution, as well as tracking opportunities for the program to improve in those same areas. The position also entails leading working groups with the external customers (industry and government) to articulate our perspectives and integrate into their risk management decisions and database. This position is located in Albuquerque, New Mexico
Specific responsibilities may include:
- Coordinating and aligning risk and opportunity (R&O) management effort with all cross business teams (CBT) (e.g., engineering, operations, and supply chain), integrated product teams (IPT), finance and program management processes
- Performing program level analysis on all R&Os flowed up from cross product teams (CPT) and IPTs
- Assist the program to quantify and analyze technical, schedule and cost risks involved with stable and accurate program execution, as well as tracking opportunities for the program to improve in those same areas.
- Identifying, assessing, tracking and coordinating program level R&Os
- Facilitating R&O related workshops for the program
- Facilitating and participating in R&O related lessons learned sessions for the program
- Creating and analyzing program level metrics (e.g., Integrated Defense Systems R&O metrics, burn-down plans, exposure charts, tracking sheets, margin analysis, top R&Os, step tracker (handling plan execution))
- Performing informal R&O assessment of Integrated Master Schedule (IMS)
- Ensuring that IMS adequately reflects R&O mitigation/capture plans
- Supporting cost and schedule risk analysis; especially with respect to R&O identification
- Working with program team to maintain the estimate at completion (EAC) with respect to R&O for desktop and comprehensive estimate to complete (ETC) reviews. Reviewing and reconciling EAC R&O status with register data.
- Work with Mission/System’s owner to formulate proper handling plans, leading and conducting the various Risk and Opportunity Management Boards (ROMBs) and creating risk burn downs and determine factored risk.
- Participating in program meetings to identify potential R&Os
- Active Top Secret Clearance with the ability to obtain TS/SCI
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/STEM related field from an ABET accredited college or university and 14 years of relevant experience, or Masters and 12 years of relevant experience, or PhD and 9 years of relevant experience. 20 years of relevant experience will be accepted in lieu of education.
- Strong understanding of fundamental space system risk/opportunity identification, mitigation/capture planning and overall risk and opportunity management process
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to enable working, interfacing, and interrelating with diverse personnel and dynamic teams.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in systems engineering
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels, both verbal and written, with internal stakeholders, external government agencies and 3rd Party vendors and customers.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated experience working with Space Force/DoD customers in an acquisition environment, with space and/or ground systems (especially at SMC).
- Experience writing and delivering technical documents and briefings, especially risk management tools, e.g. Risk Register, Active Risk Manager (ARM)
- PMI Risk Management Professional (PMI-RMP)
- Experience with cost plus award fee contracts
- Experience supporting programs and executing R&O responsibilities in an AGILE environment
- Earned Value Management System (EVMS) certification and/or experience
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.