Job ID: 219622
Location: MCLEAN, VA, United States
Date Posted: Jul 1, 2021
Subcategory: Policy Analyst
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI with Poly
Potential for Remote Work: No
Benefits: Click here
SAIC, a leading provider of systems development and deployment, targeting and intelligence analysis, systems engineering and integration, and training capabilities and solutions for the Intelligence Community, is seeking creative and dedicated professionals to fulfill their career goals and objectives while delivering mission excellence on programs of national importance. Join our team today as we Redefine Ingenuity!
We are actively seeking an experienced Senior Cyber Policy Analyst to serve as a senior subject matter expert advising IC leaders on USG policy, military and intelligence activities, and cyber activities. The Policy Analyst will review Intelligence Community (IC), Department of Defense (DoD), and other USG Department and Agency (D/A) efforts, in particular cyber and technical activities, and provide input to IC leaders based on subject matter knowledge. The Policy Analyst will be involved in the interagency coordination process, with special focus on DoD plans and operations. The Policy Analyst will track the USG policy-making process and National Security Council (NSC) meetings and provide context and explain the impact of proposed interagency operations on national security and agency equities, based on knowledge of USG policies past and present.
- Prepare senior IC leaders for Congressional and NSC engagements.
- Conduct cyber policy research, review policy documents, and provide feedback.
- Write technical papers and position papers, providing operational tradeoff positions and analyses.
- Provide briefings and lead discussions for senior officers.
- Draft memos, talking points, backgrounders, and other products for senior leaders.
- Support, facilitate, coordinate, and attend senior-level meetings, track and record meeting summaries and action items, and progress on next steps toward completion.
- Engage internal and external stakeholders to develop relationships, collaborate, and set and achieve objectives.
- Directly coordinate with colleagues and senior-level government personnel on the status of various tasks/initiatives.
- Attend working groups to record issues and recommend solutions relative to critical topics and implementation issues.
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph.
- Bachelors and eighteen (18) years or more of related experience; Masters and sixteen (16) years or more experience; PhD or JD and eight years(8) or more experience.
- Direct experience supporting US Intelligence Community (IC) and US Department of Defense (DoD), including DoD policy, planning, and operational documents and procedures.
- Expertise with the USG interagency policy-making process, NSC, and the roles and responsibilities of other USG Departments and Agencies.
- 5+ years of experience with USG policy and national Security priorities in areas such as technology, cybersecurity, and operations.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.