A leader in the exciting and growing field of High Performance Computing (HPC), Team SAIC is searching for a Windows System Administrator to join our team supporting the Department of Defense (DoD) High Performance Computing Modernization Program (DoD HPCMP) Engineering Research and Development Center (ERDC) in Vicksburg, Mississippi.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for the configuration, maintenance, and installation of the supporting Windows virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) on a Nutanix cluster using VMware.
- Candidate will also be part of a team that manages, maintains, and administers Windows desktops, Windows servers, as well as workgroup and desktop printers.
- Direct user support and interaction is required on a daily basis, so the candidate must be able communicate and work well with users, other function support teams, management, and vendors.
- Bachelors and three (3) years or more experience; or additional experience in lieu of degree
- Must be a US Citizen and have the ability to obtain the interim Secret Security clearance to begin working on the contract. Must be able to obtain the Secret Clearance, with a subsequent Top Secret Clearance to be obtained to maintain employment. SAIC will assist with the process of obtaining the interim Secret clearance for the qualified candidate.
- Must be able to obtain DoD 8570 certification Security+ within 3 months of hire
- Must be able to obtain Operating System certification (any windows certification) within 3 months of hire
- An understanding of managing, maintaining, and troubleshooting Windows Active Directory and networking technologies such as DNS, TCP/IP, IPv4, IPv6, DHCP, etc., and a working knowledge of how to implement and troubleshoot in a LAN/WAN environment
- Managing the interaction between a Windows Active Directory Environment and large number of Linux based Servers.
- Experience with Windows authentication via DoD CAC (Common Access Card)
- Experience with managing and maintaining virtualization infrastructure and architecture such as VMware vSphere and Citrix Xen Sever
- Experience with Microsoft System Center, especially Configuration Manager
- At least 3 years’ experience supporting Microsoft Server and Desktop environments
- Experience with VMware’s vSphere and Horizon View
- Experience with Microsoft HyperV
- Experience with DoD and Army security configurations, technologies, and policies, including DISA STIG, Army Gold Master, IAVA, etc.
- Experience with High Availability configuration in a Windows Active Directory Environment for both local and remote site configurations.
- Experience with Microsoft Deployment Toolkit
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.