SAIC is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to support the High Performance Computing Modernization Program (HPCMP) Integrated Technical Services (HITS) task order contract.
NOTE: This position is 100% remote / work from home / telework / virtual. This is a virtual position that can be accomplished from anywhere in the continental US.
- Team SAIC provides program management and technical support necessary to advance the services, capabilities, infrastructure, and technologies in the HPCMP, Department of Defense (DoD) Supercomputing Resource Centers (DSRC) supercomputing centers.
- The successful candidate will have experience in designing, developing, documenting, testing and debugging secure application software interface solutions.
- It is expected that the candidate has sufficient applicable experience with software requirements definition and tracking, coding in different development environments, proficiency in the software development lifecycle, and with the required tools and programming languages.
- The successful candidate will perform development and maintenance for infrastructure software packages supporting the DSRC operations; participating in all phases of the software lifecycle from requirements identification through development, deployment, sustainment, and decommissioning.
- These activities will be accomplished individually or in small groups, and may require direct interaction with the government customer.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree 5+ years of experience, or Master’s degree or equivalent years and 3+ years of experience; Additional experience may be substituted for degree
- Must be a US Citizen and have the ability to obtain the interim Secret Security clearance to begin working on the contract. Must be able to obtain the full Secret clearance. SAIC will assist with the process of obtaining the interim Secret clearance for the qualified candidate
- 3+ years’ experience in Python
- 2+ years’ experience developing software in Unix/Linux environments
- Experience with CI/CD tools, databases, and software security
- Experience deploying and managing open source tools
- Experience coding in different development environments
- Experience creating and maintaining application documentation
- Ability to write or refactor software to facilitate deploying applications to standalone compute resources and as a part of larger complex systems
- Ability to identify requirements though interaction with customers and users and translate them into a solid software architecture and design
- Ability to work remotely and cooperatively with a geographically dispersed team
- Ability to work without significant oversight, but maintain excellent communication with peers and management staff
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to grasp and explain complex technical matters
- Ability to develop or write software and/or scripts utilizing languages such as Perl, bash, C/C++, Fortran, Java Script, PHP, etc.
- Experience working in a research environment
- Experience with GitLab (as a user and/or administrator)
- Interest and ability to learn new technical skills including coding languages as needed
- Experience working with the DoD Secure Application Development STIG
- Experience administering Linux (RHEL/CentOS/Ubuntu/Debian) systems
Target salary range: $100,001 - $125,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.