SAIC has an immediate opportunity available for a Program Manager - Joint Information Environment with significant project planning experience, excellent communication and customer service skills, and specific background/experience in DoD Enterprise IT environments and modernization efforts (e.g., Joint Information Environment (JIE), Digital Modernization Infrastructure (DMI), Joint Regional Security Stacks (JRSS), Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6) upgrades, Commercial Virtual Remote (CVR) for DoD, Microsoft Teams for DoD, and/or Office 365 (O365) for DoD).
The Program Manager will serve as the primary focal point for strategic engagement between USCENTCOM and all external organizations on JIE/DMI related matters.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Serve as the primary focal point for strategic engagement between USCENTCOM and all external organizations on JIE/DMI related matters
- Works aggressively cross-divisionally with leadership, program managers, engineers, and other key stakeholders to ensure full synchronization of management activities.
- Coordinates JIE/DMI actions across the USCENTCOM staff, USCENTCOM service components, other CCMDs, JS, and DoD CIO to facilitate compliance with policy, strategic objectives, and portfolio plans for programs/projects.
- Attends and/or supports associated DoD and USCENTCOM working groups, meetings, conferences, symposiums, seminars, summits with Command leadership, JS, and interagency, and provides summary of sessions and surmises relevancy to leadership.
- Provides management oversight to include IPRs, status updates, and coordination for all JIE and DMI-related initiatives to ensure continued situational awareness is maintained, synchronized, and planning factors/activities are executed.
- Coordinates JIE and DMI actions across the USCENTCOM staff, USCENTCOM service components, JS, and DoD CIO to facilitate compliance with policy, strategic objectives, and portfolio plans for programs/projects.
- Coordinates with USCENTCOM JIE/DMI project managers to facilitate a responsible transition between planning for JIE/DMI initiatives across DoD and implementing JIE/DMI capabilities within USCENTCOM.
- Coordinates with USCENTCOM SME's, as required, for their input and participation.
- Organizes, manages and executes the JIE USCENTCOM Planning Team (JCPT), including development of agendas, managing information support, preparing briefings/presentations, and publishing minutes.
- Evaluates COTS/GOTS products, makes recommendations, and supports the implementation of new, improved system functionality and/or provides new functionalities in response to user-generated requirements. Works with other project and program managers to ensure engineering, cyber security, and operational SME resources are available to deliver projects.
- Develops briefings, position papers, talking points, information papers, trip reports and other supporting staff artifacts.
- Ensures meeting coordination, scope clarity, policy compliance, alignment within strategic objectives, and effective communication.
- Directs stakeholder team to follow comprehensive communications and stakeholder engagement plans.
- Applies risk management principles to identify, analyze, and provide recommendations to mitigate, accept, or ignore risks.
- Serve as a key contributor to the daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly tasks of the IT Portfolio Management Office team.
- Bachelor's Degree and 10+ years of experience; OR, High School equivalent and 14+ years of experience.
- Secret clearance with ability to secure a Top Secret/SCI clearance
- 3 years' experience in IT Project or Program planning and management
- 3 years' experience in DoD Enterprise IT environments and modernization efforts (e.g., Joint Information Environment (JIE), Digital Modernization Infrastructure (DMI), Joint Regional Security Stacks (JRSS), Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6) upgrades, Commercial Virtual Remote (CVR) for DoD, Microsoft Teams for DoD, and/or Office 365 (O365) for DoD).
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and apply other time management skills to operate effectively in a highly fluid, fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation communication skills, in both day-to-day operational and management/leadership interaction contexts
- Active PMP Certification
- ITIL certification
- MS Project or Project+
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.