SAIC, a leading provider of systems development & deployment, targeting & intelligence analysis, systems engineering & integration for the Intelligence Community, is seeking creative and dedicated professionals to fulfill their career goals and objectives while delivering mission excellence on programs of national importance. Join our team today as we Bring on Tomorrow!
SAIC seeks an experienced, Senior Java/Grails Software Engineer to be part of a fast-paced, dynamic team, based in Herndon, VA, working on a cutting edge program in support of national security objectives. The ideal candidate is skilled at maintaining and enhancing mission critical applications with an ability to leverage cloud infrastructure and services to modernize the overall architecture. They work with the current development team to maintain the current capabilities, collaborate with mission partners to design new features, and develop and test new software for the system.
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph Clearance
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or an additional 6 years of experience in lieu of degree
- 8+ years of experience with software development. Experience to include:
- 5+ years of experience with Java and one or more technologies (e.g., Servlets or Hibernate or Spring or Web Services/J2EE)
- 3+ years of experience with Grails development
- 3+ years of experience with SQL and relational databases
- 3+ years of experience in Web server technologies (Tomcat or Web Logic or IIS or HttpCore)
- Experience in continuous integration and delivery tools (e.g., Git)
- Experience with LDAP/Active Directory
- Amazon certifications
- Experience working in an Agile scrum team work environment
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.