SAIC, a leading provider of systems development & deployment, targeting & intelligence analysis, systems engineering & integration for the Intelligence Community, is seeking creative and dedicated professionals to fulfill their career goals and objectives while delivering mission excellence on programs of national importance. Join our team today as we Bring on Tomorrow!
SAIC seeks an experienced, Principle Application Developer to be part of a fast-paced, dynamic team, based in Chantilly, VA, working on a cutting edge program in support of national security objectives. The ideal candidate excels at designing, building, and deploying highly scalable, resilient, and performant services in an integrated team dedicated to our customer’s mission. The Application Developer works with the existing software developer team to maintain and create backend microservices as well as update a typescript-based UI front end. The position requires working with various mission stakeholders, communicating system features and concepts to other users and developers, and interacting with program management. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to assisting other developers, maintaining development environments, and system documentation.
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph Clearance
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or an additional 6 years of experience in lieu of de
- 8+ years of experience with hands on development experience
- 5+ years of hands-on experience working in software development in a cloud environment
- 4+ years of experience using Restful APIs
- 3+ years of experience developing microservices
- 1+ year of experience with Java and one or more technologies (e.g., Servlets or Hibernate or Spring or Web Services/J2EE)
- 1+ year of experience with datasets, both relational and NoSQL databases (e.g., MongoDB or MS SQL Server or Oracle or Postgres)
- 1+ year of experience in continuous integration and delivery tools (e.g., Git, Jenkins or Puppet or Chef)
- 1+ year of experience in Web server technologies (Tomcat or Web Logic or IIS or HttpCore)
- Experience with Typescript UI technologies
- Experience working in an Agile scrum team environment
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) DevOps Professional certification
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.