SAIC is seeking an experienced engineer with breadth and depth across the systems engineering and security disciplines to be part of an exciting and important customer project supporting national security. The successful candidate will apply hands-on implementation experience to help the customer implement required security policies and practices to the development of their technical systems. The candidate must have good attention to detail, be well organized and be driven to solve challenging problems. Join the SAIC Team!
- Develop and maintain system security policies, to include physical and electronic security measures
- Provide expertise in applying system security component best practices and standards related to information security, physical security and security auditing
- Work with engineering team members to understand system boundary requirements from a security perspective, and draft documents related to accreditation
- Be the focal point for coordination with Information System Security Officer personnel related to security controls, requirements and documentation
- Maintain configuration management for a variety of documents, such as vulnerability scans, system security plan CONOPs, plans of action and milestones (POA&M) and risk assessment memos
- Help define high-level security components within a CONOP for projects/systems
- Support incorporation of information security goals into technical phases of development and O&M activities
- Support the customer in obtaining system accreditation as well as applying risk management approaches to projects
- Develop consistent processes and procedures in support of corporate security audit requests (account, access, configuration logs, etc)
- Develop remediation plans, as needed, to address issues found with system scans
- Active TS/SCI with Poly
- 5+ years of security engineer experience and a Bachelors degree (additional years experience accepted in lieu of degree)
- Experience supporting IT system, network engineering or software development projects
- Experience applying best practices for hardening network infrastructures, software operating systems, applications and databases from a security perspective
- Experience with the following:
- IT/Domain system administration access control and analysis
- Network/host-based intrusion detection/prevention systems and anti-malware countermeasures
- Network access control and analysis (Firewalls, Routers, Switches)
- Security anomaly review, analysis and response
- Documentation of security architectures
- Implementation of PKI and digital certificates
- Implementation of DISA STIGS or CIS benchmarks
- Implementation of, and cryptographic solutions for, data in transit (VPNs, SSL, etc) and data at rest (BitLocker, LUKS, etc)
- Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certification
- Familiarity with computer operating systems (Linux and Windows) and network architectures
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.