Job ID: 219698
Location: CHANTILLY, VA, United States
Date Posted: Oct 2, 2021
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Sys Administrator
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is seeking a Sr. Windows Systems Administrator (SA) Lead. The Senior SA will be part of a 6-7 member staff of systems administrators. This individual will have solid leadership skills to help guide and prioritize team tasking as well as be a contributor. The SA will be responsible for managing all facets of a customer network to include networking (switches, cabling, network planning), a large inventory of VMware ESXi blade servers, EMC and HP storage (~1PB), Windows and Linux servers and workstations, and AWS Cloud technologies.
The SA will be the primary SME for specific technical components of the infrastructure, including the Windows Active Directory network, provisioning servers, managing a WSUS solution, MS Exchange, backups, security scanning, reporting and remediation.
The primary functions of the candidate will include, but are not limited to:
• Working with virtualized environments (VMware vCenter 5.5, 6.0/6.7, to include ESXi and distributed switches).
• Knowledge of provisioning hardware, storage, resources and configuration/administration, including high-availability and failover services.
• Provide limited support for IT asset management and property control processes in managing inventories of workstations, monitors, and other related IT infrastructure through the customers control systems.
• Configuration and O&M of Red Hat 6/7 and Linux-based applications.
• O&M of Windows applications such as WSUS, Exchange, SharePoint, SCCM, Google Earth, and audit solutions.
• Working with RAIDs, SANs, High Availability, Backups and Disaster Recovery.
• Configuring network switches, working with VLANs, and knowledge of routing protocols.
• Working with the security hardening of operating systems in a standalone environment as well as through GPOs.
• Research and obtain quotes for hardware/software based on customer requirements.
• Provide superior customer service; possess strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills in a dynamic customer centric environment.-
• Create Concept of Operations (CONOPS), Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and Configuration Management (CM) documentation as needed.
• Must possess current TS/SCI with Polygraph
• Must be DoD 8570 IAT Level II compliant (have current CompTIA, Security+ certification)
• In-depth understanding of both Windows and Cloud technologies.
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent, and 14 years of experience
• Knowledgeable of MS Windows Server 2019/2016/2012 (focus on Active Directory, Group Policy)
• Working knowledge with MS Exchange 2016 and 2013
• Working experience with VMware management
• Experience with storage engineer/administrator (3PAR, NetApp, etc.)
• Experience with SAN switches (Cisco family, Nexus 5k, etc.)
• Familiarity with security hardening process as it relates to ICD 503
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.