SAIC is seeking a dedicated and experienced Staff Officer to join our team. This position will provide on-site support to the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency's Technology Directorate (CIO-T).
Duties shall include:
- Perform oversight and day to day management with GPOC of overall CIO-T MET program activities & resources.
- Perform data entry into MET and DTS for all Senior Executive Travel; coordinate travel with SES, DISLs and their staff for dates, logistics of travel, and ensure travel reservations meet requirements
- Submit vouchers on behalf of SES and DISL employees.
- Assess current business processes related to the systems DTS and MET; recommend changes if needed.
- Provide direction and guidance in creation of plans, policies, and procedures in support of the program.
- Provide technical support for meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and video teleconferences supporting office communications relating to the MET and DTS tools.
- Assist in creating and implementing travel, training, and conference policies, processes, and procedures for MET and DTS to ensure mission continuity.
- Assist in developing communication tools and prodcuts to promote, educate, foster, and articulate the MET and DTS processes to the CIO-T workforce.
- Gather, recommend and manage the requirements for MET collaboratively with the FM MET Team.
- Manage the CIO-T MET Team email box to troubleshoot issues, educate users on common questions, and conduct functions as a MET Admin. Answer questions via phone and in person for technical support.
- Gather reports from MET and DTS systems for GPOC and CIO-T customers.
- Gather metrics as-needed for continual improvement and efficiency assessment.
Required Skills and Experience:
- At least 11 years’ of experience supporting DoD Operations.
- At least 24 months applying knowledge of Joint Travel Regulations (JTR).
- At least 11 years’ experience creating, optimizing, or monitoring corporate policies related to travel.
- Excellent communication, customer service, and interpersonal skills with experience communicating with Senior Executives, General Officers, or Flag Officers or their staff.
- Experience leading engagements with multiple team members to complete tasks.
- At least 11 years’ experience using Microsoft Office products, with a specific emphasis on Excel and Outlook applications.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Completion of Management Concepts Joint Travel Regulations – TDY Workshop Course within 90 days of start.
- Proficiency on government systems e.g. Defense Travel Systems (DTS) and Management Execution Tracker System (MET).
- Excellent attention to detail and organization skills.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.