JOB DESCRIPTION: SAIC is hiring a Software Test Engineer in Huntsville, AL to join the the Global Hawk (RQ-4) Software Test team.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Writing test plans and test cases, designing and developing scripts/tools for Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployments using Team Foundation Server and Microsoft Test Manager.
- Assisting in performing system acceptance tests according to test plans and writing software trouble reports.
- Testing from an end user perspective, i.e. verifying and validating the software works as intended.
- Participating in the Agile Development Process (SCRUM) and the daily and weekly meetings required to forecast upcoming tasks.
- Creating and maintaining tests that effectively exercise functionality of code and requirements.
- Participating and contributing to document peer reviews.
- Conducting Dry Runs, Regression, and Formal Qualification Testing.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors degree in a related technical discipline, and 3+ years of experience in software testing, software development, software integration, or related technical environment.
- Will also consider a High School diploma and 7 years of experience in lieu of a degree.
- Comfortable writing test cases and running software tests based on software requirements and documentation.
- Ability to interact and work closely with the software development team to assist in acceptance criteria and test case review.
- Experience working in a software development environment and familiarity with working in an Agile/SCRUM environment.
- US Citizen with an Active Secret Clearance.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
Target salary range: $75,001 - $100,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.