ICAM Systems Engineer/Administrator Job Requisition
SAIC is seeking a candidate to provide engineering and operational support for NASA’s C Identity, Credential and Access Management capabilities. This support will require vendor software installment, server software management, custom configuration, testing end-to-end services, and monitoring operational stability. These systems (Visitor Management, Credential Management, Enrollment Management and the related peripherals) work in a highly integrated environment. The Agency Engineers provide Tier 2 Operational Support for the distributed administrators at the NASA Centers.
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
- Ability to complete a US Government Tier 4 Investigation (current active clearance is desirable)
- Proven working experience including installing, configuring and troubleshooting Windows based environments
- Experience with Windows 10 Desktop Configuration and support as related peripheral support (Cameras, card readers, scanners, printers ….)
- Experience supporting application hosted on Windows IIS
- Experience with Tier 2 and /or 3 customer support
- Experience in functional test execution for incident fixes and service enhancements
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
- 3 years of relevant work experience
- On-site at MSFC is required due to lab access
- Familiarity with PKI (Public Key Infrastructure) and HSM (Hardware Security Module) configuration as related to certificate management
- Familiarity with FIP 201-2, HSPD-12, NIST 800-63, NIST 800-73, NIST 800-78, NIST 800-116 and other Federal Guidance
- Familiarity with data mining/analysis in SQL
- Familiarity with Apache Tomcat Connectors
- Troubleshoot complex systems and integrations
- Design and deploy new applications and enhancements to existing applications, software, and operating systems
- Conduct research on software and systems products to justify recommendations and support purchasing efforts
- Create and/or maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, mapping, processes, and service records
- Coordinate and perform in-depth tests for modified and new systems
- See potential issues and proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure accessibility
- Monitor and test performance of applications, foreseeing potential bottlenecks and identifying possible solutions
- Conduct research into systems issues and products as required
- Communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
- Work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Gauge the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems; develop and implement strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems
- Proven experience with systems planning, security principles, and general software management best practices.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a similar field
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $100,001 - $125,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.