SAIC is looking for a highly motivated and experienced IT Modernization Solutions Architect Director to guide teams supporting various programs and strategic initiatives within the company and pursue new business with DoD and Civilian Agency customers. The selected candidate will have experience implementing IT Modernization strategies within organizations, moving traditional IT operations to DevSecOps, hybrid IT, Internet of Things (IoT), multi-cloud implementations, container-based applications, and driving increased usage of automation for IT management and sustainment. This individual has successfully proven track record of implementing cloud adoption, cloud brokerage, IT financial management (ITFM), and application modernization resulting in increased efficiency and reduced cost to the organization. They readily adapt to support a variety of challenging technical, business, and mission requirements in a dynamic and fast paced environment. This is remote work that may be performed from any location within the United States.
- Directly support the SGI Platforms and Cloud team with technical expertise during customer engagement opportunities.
- Acting as the escalation point for project managers and is ultimately accountable for ensuring IT Modernization projects reach the maximum profitability and success resulting in excellent CPARs
- Holding Technical Project Managers (TPMs) and Team Leads accountable for day-to-day needs of the customer and project team
- Regularly reviewing P&L and make recommendations to improve business metrics
- Establishing and maintaining a scalable project playbook, utilizing industry best practices and project management methodologies, detailing project expectations from award through close-out, and collaborating with Employee Experience & Culture (EEC) team to train current and new PMs accordingly
- Develop and enforce a coherent technical approach across all projects
- Maintains technical expertise, relevant industry standards, and best practices in cloud computing and virtualization technologies such as cloud service provider architecture, design, and configuration; cloud deployment models including public, community, private, and hybrid; cloud service delivery models including infrastructure-, platform-, and software-as-a-service; automation; hypervisors; containers; virtual compute, storage, and networks; virtual infrastructure management; self-provisioning; and scaling.
- Evaluates and reports on new cloud and virtualization technologies to enhance capabilities of cloud-based and virtualized services.
- May also provide systems engineering activities such as: Concept of Operations Formulation, Requirements Definition, Analysis and Engineering, System Architecting, System Analysis and Design, Interface and Data Architectures, Validation and Verification, System Integration, System & Op. Performance Analysis, Lifecycle Cost Analysis & Estimation, Decision Analysis and Physical Configuration Analysis (PCA).
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
- Directs work on unusually complex technical problems ensuring highly innovative and creative solutions.
- Implements advanced technological ideas and guides their development into a final product.
- Serves as organization spokesperson on advanced projects and/or programs. Acts as advisor to management and customers on advanced technical research studies and applications.
- ·Provides direction toward pre-determined long-range goals and objectives.
- Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Ensures application of advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts. Contributes to development of new principles and concepts.
- Establishes strategic plans and objectives.
- Supports new business development initiatives, including bid and proposal and basis of estimate
- Supports strategic initiatives within SAIC, including research and development
- Supports strategic alliances with outside vendors
- Remains abreast of the newest cloud computing tools and technologies available.
- Advanced degree (Masters or PhD) computer engineering, computer science or related IT field; System Engineering; or STEM degree (or an additional four (4) years of related experience in lieu of advanced degree)
- US Citizenship is required
- Must be able to obtain a Secret security clearance or higher level on request
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- 14+ years of experience in Systems Engineering, Cloud Technologies, Development, or related areas
- IAT-III Cybersecurity baseline certification IAW DoDI 8570.01-M, or ability to obtain within 90 days of hire
- Expert level knowledge of IT Modernization in Government organizations
- In-depth understanding of cloud migration methodologies and best practices
- Conceptual understanding of modern software architectures and DevSecOps methodologies
- Experience implementing modern IT solutions in compliance with U.S. Government and DoD Cybersecurity frameworks (e.g. NIST/DoD RMF)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
Desired Experience and Certifications:
- Expertise with at least one commercial cloud platform (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc)
- Expertise in IT Financial Management (ITFM), the Technology Business Management (TBM) framework, and applicability to cloud management
- Experience with Agile Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
- Experience with DevOps/DevSecOps
- Active DoD Secret (or above) clearance is strongly preferred
Target salary range: $200,001 - $225,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.