SAIC is seeking an aggressive and highly adaptable individual to join its Procurement Team as a Senior Subcontract Analyst with back and experience in Space and Satellite manufacturing, launch and sustainment programs. Individual must be able to work in a high paced, team environment and must be organized and detail oriented. The individual will collaborate with technical resources inside SAIC and at the supplier to develop actions and coordinate activities needed to ensure delivery of quality parts occurs per schedule. This will include resolution of risks/obstacles, regardless of origin to ensure manufacturing, supply chain, and delivery schedules are in alignment with customer needs. Communication may involve senior management in multiple organizations.
This position can be worked 100% remote nationwide.
Primary Job Duties:
- Develops, negotiates and administers subcontract agreements and executes other aspects of the acquisition process in development of new business proposals and resultant subcontract agreements of moderate dollar value, risk, creativity and complexity.
- Have some autonomy for the assigned area of responsibility.
- Works independently with good problem solving skills, while keeping Customer Group (CG) Subcontracts management updated on the status of their assigned activities.
- Regularly interacts with internal customers, management (at all levels) with regard to acquisition requirements and issue resolution.
- Member of the proposal process involving Request for Proposal/solicitations.
- Will be required to analyze proposals for all areas of compliance (cost/T&C/etc.) and will be involved in supplier negotiations leading to subcontract awards with subcontractors of various size and capabilities within the industry.
- Must understand cost/price analysis concepts and tools and be able to implement and complete analysis on moderate complexity supplier proposals.
- Ensures post award compliance on the supplier’s performance (cost, and all other terms and conditions) of awarded agreements.
- Responsible for post award modifications to agreements including all change related activities.
- Drive business process improvements between SAIC and the suppliers.
- Work with suppliers to lead improvement of their manufacturing processes to reduce cycle times, improve throughput and quality
- Responsible for ensuring supply base is capable and prepared to support production rates on all programs.
- Support the selection, development, and management of Strategic & Preferred Suppliers to meet commodity cost and performance goals.
- Must have understanding of the government acquisition process.
- Working knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulation.
- Solid negotiation, oral, and written communication skills are required.
- Candidate must possess a positive and proactive attitude and ability to handle multiple high visibility critical tasks simultaneously.
- CPSR Audit requirements, Price Analysis Techniques, Costpoint Purchasing System, Word Processing and Electronic Spreadsheets.
- Experience in space/satellite and ground systems Supply Chain/Procurement/Purchasing. Background with total program lifecycle and subcontractor performance preferred.
- Experience in managing Firm Fixed Price agreements on large platform support programs with an emphasis on space and satellite programs..
- Ability to read and understand drawings and specifications & support manufacturability improvement initiatives
- Ability to read and understand complex statements of work in support of FFP platform programs.
- Experience in managing Supplier Data Requirements Lists (SDRL) in support of program and subcontract performance
- General knowledge of Supply Chain Management practices as well as procurement systems.
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing processes
- Lean management tools with the ability to measure, analyze and assess complex processes
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution preferably in Business Administration or related field and 6 years related experience.
- The equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience will be considered.
Target salary range: $75,001 - $100,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.