SAIC is in need of a Senior Program Manager for a large Navy Program/Contract in Norfolk, VA.
The Program Manager is responsible for providing clear leadership and management of overall execution of a large Navy Program and will be responsible for all contract deliverables, customer relations and corporate reporting. This role will partner with and analysis our customer’s needs, coordinator of various Project Managers and also be a hands-on independent contributor. This role will have strong interactions with the various team and project stakeholders to establish seamless processes that meet all program and contract requirements.
The duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Drive planning & delivery of high-quality deliverables in support of program requirements.
- Develop and/or Review program specific planning and control documents.
- Communicate all key project plans, commitments, and changes including requirements, QA plans, schedule, and scope changes.
- Maintain and enhance all program processes and workflows.
- Develop, document and revise program processes and quality standards.
- Lead multiple cross-functional teams to support program requirements of varying size, complexity and duration.
- Collaborate and manage processes across all functions within program and business stakeholders.
- Manage change control processes.
- Continuously improve execution processes.
- Define and manage success criteria based on business requirements.
- Proactively identify and mitigate risks and remove obstacles to program requirements.
- Guide the completion of root cause analysis to ensure issues do not recur.
- Communicate plans and status, and escalate issues as required.
- Monitors, measures, and reports on team’s performance via regular status reporting on team’s accomplishments, issues and risks
- Reviews critical project documentation for completion and provides feedback and coaching as required
- Ensures project tasks and milestones are accurate and complete for all active projects
- Works with the cross functional managers to identify potential improvements to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the role, including a clearly defined requirements hand off process between teams.
- Ensures team development of expertise with existing or new systems
- Serves as a conduit between the cross functional managers, program and business stakeholders, fostering relationships across the organization.
- Serves as a stakeholder across all active projects.
- Holds team members accountable to meet estimates and time frames for all team’s tasks and deliverables.
Required Education and Experience:
- BS degree in Engineering, Physical Sciences, Mathematics, Management Information Systems, or Business
- Fifteen (15) years of direct work experience in Project/Program Management support of Engineering to include: Equipment Support, System Support, and Programmatic Support.
- Eight (8) years of direct work experience, to include: Design, Development, Production, Installation and Test & Evaluation of Naval or similar electronics and communications equipment and systems.
- Four (4) years as manager of Naval or related electronics and communications equipment and systems to include supervision project personnel, scheduling work, writing proposals and preparing bids, and equipment and material logistics control.
- Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and DoD procurement policies and procedures.
- Must have a Top Secret clearance
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.