SAIC has an immediate opening for a Network Infrastructure Engineer – Tier 1. Job duties include:
- This position requires both broad and deep working knowledge of technologies used in network engineering design and maintenance.
- Perform Tier I level O&M functions on enterprise level LAN and WAN IP-based infrastructure systems.
- Perform analyses on networks to discover and document the baseline.
- Support planning and execution of network installations and hardware upgrades.
- Perform Tier I level LAN and WAN preventive and corrective maintenance and troubleshooting/problem resolution on a wide range of technologies such as OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, DMVPN, Spanning-Tree, Port-Security, etc.
- Use network analysis tools (CISCO Prime, SolarWinds, TACACS+ etc.).
- Monitor performance to identify and optimize the system infrastructure and conduct transaction monitoring for bandwidth utilization and application performance.
- Must have a basic understanding of 802.1X technology using Cisco Identity Services.
- Support an improved infrastructure information security vulnerability posture through the performance of vulnerability assessments and analyses.
- Support customer computer technical support efforts on personal computers, thin clients, laptops, and peripherals.
- Bachelor Degree and 2+ years of experience; OR, High School equivalent and 6+ years of experience.
- Candidate must have a Top Secret/SCI Clearance.
- Active CCNA certification is required.
- Security + CE or CCNA-Security certification is required.
- 2+ years of Cisco router and switch networking experience
- A current U.S. passport is required. Must be willing to deploy OCONUS (less than 10% of the time)
- Riverbed, ASA Firewalls
- Type One Encryptors (KG encryption devices).
- Expertise in infrastructure design and architecture, deployment, operations and maintenance, and upgrades.
- Experience managing infrastructure of mid-size operational networks (200+ routers/switches, 150+ servers, 1500+ workstations) in a high-paced fluid environment.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.