SAIC has an immediate opening for a Network Infrastructure Engineer – Tier 1. Job duties include:
- This position requires both broad and deep working knowledge of technologies used in network engineering design and maintenance.
- Perform Tier I level O&M functions on enterprise level LAN and WAN IP-based infrastructure systems.
- Perform analyses on networks to discover and document the baseline.
- Support planning and execution of network installations and hardware upgrades.
- Perform Tier I level LAN and WAN preventive and corrective maintenance and troubleshooting/problem resolution on a wide range of technologies such as OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, DMVPN, Spanning-Tree, Port-Security, etc.
- Use network analysis tools (CISCO Prime, SolarWinds, TACACS+ etc.).
- Monitor performance to identify and optimize the system infrastructure and conduct transaction monitoring for bandwidth utilization and application performance.
- Must have a basic understanding of 802.1X technology using Cisco Identity Services.
- Support an improved infrastructure information security vulnerability posture through the performance of vulnerability assessments and analyses.
- Support customer computer technical support efforts on personal computers, thin clients, laptops, and peripherals.
- Bachelor Degree and 2+ years of experience; OR, High School equivalent and 6+ years of experience.
- Candidate must have a Top Secret/SCI Clearance.
- Active CCNA certification is required.
- Security + CE or CCNA-Security certification is required.
- 2+ years of Cisco router and switch networking experience
- A current U.S. passport is required. Must be willing to deploy OCONUS (less than 10% of the time)
- Riverbed, ASA Firewalls
- Type One Encryptors (KG encryption devices).
- Expertise in infrastructure design and architecture, deployment, operations and maintenance, and upgrades.
- Experience managing infrastructure of mid-size operational networks (200+ routers/switches, 150+ servers, 1500+ workstations) in a high-paced fluid environment.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.