SAIC is looking for a Data Scientist to join our team.in Huntsville, AL.
Note: This role offers temporary work form home / remote / virtual work due to COVID-19. Eventually the work will go back on site 100% in Huntsville, AL
Ideal candidate will be responsible for creating dashboard visualizations using agile methodologies. The following duties will be performed:
- Translate dashboard requirements from customer into deliverable
- Explore new data sources for applicability
- Integrate data sources using database scripts
- Implement business rules into data integration logic
- Build interactive dashboards that showcase relevant metrics
- Respond quickly to questions/challenges to dashboard results
- Brief dashboard to stakeholders
- Develop and maintain best practices and make recommendations to existing business processes
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS AND ABILITY:
- Frequent use and application of technical standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques. Receives assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet outlined objectives.
- Work is reviewed by supervisor/lead to measure meeting objectives.
- Directs established guidelines, procedures and policies.
- Provides solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity where analysis of situations or data requires a review of the variety of factors.
FREEDOM TO ACT:
- Works under general direction on routine work.
- May receive detailed instructions on new projects or assignments. Follows established procedures.
- Work is reviewed for soundness of technical judgment, overall adequacy and accuracy.
- Exercises judgement within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Contributes to completion of milestones associated with specific projects.
- Failure to achieve results or erroneous decisions or recommendations may cause delays in program schedules and may result in allocation of additional resources.
- Coordinates deliverables with internal team and customer contacts.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors and four (4) years or more experience; OR Associates and 6+ years related experience.
- Must be a US Citizen and have the ability to obtain the interim Secret Security clearance to begin working on the contract. Must be able to obtain the full Secret Security clearance. SAIC will assist with the process of obtaining the interim Secret clearance for the qualified candidate.
- Experience with Agile Development methodologies
- Familiarity with SQL or Oracle Database development
- Familiarity with Tableau (any version)
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.