SAIC is seeking a Senior System Safety Engineer to operate out of Quantico, VA and the surrounding area, advising on a precision fires program for the Government.
The U.S. Army Space and Missile Defense Command requires this position to support development, research, technical integration and fielding efforts for USMC Organic Precision Fires systems. These systems utilize/integrate a precision fires munition and real-time targeting data from organic sensor systems to enable users to rapidly develop target solutions for use with weapon systems at the maneuver unit level.
This position will require Quantico or NOVA facilities onsite meetings.
- Serve as the Organic Precision Fires (OPF) lead safety advisor for all projects in the team’s portfolio.
- Provide system safety engineering support to the OPF Team and program’s lead engineer with acquisition documentation as needed.
- Perform and/or assist the USMC OPF Customer in performing MIL-STD-882E system safety analyses of hardware and software for assigned projects.
- Support OPF Team in coordinating and evaluating the system safety programs of the various contractor and government teams developing OPF systems.
- Prepare and update safety assessment reports, risk assessment reports, technical data packages and other materials for presentation to safety review boards.
- Assist in performing operational analyses and studies to identify potential deficiencies in weapon operating procedures, ordnance handling procedures, stowage or other logistics phases involving ordnance, safety procedures, etc. and making specific recommendations for their resolution.
Education Requirements: BS degree and 14 years of relevant experience; four (4) years accepted in lieu of degree.
- Experience with missile and munition weapon systems, to include but not limited to, missile/munition, launch platforms, command and control, sensor, and integrating networks.
- Experience in all phases of the System Engineering and Software Development Life Cycles.
- Previous experience in developing/coordinating all products required to obtain Navy or Joint Services safety review board approvals (WSESRB, SSSTRP, FISTRP, etc.) required to field a weapon system.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Recent experience and proficiency with digital systems such as Advanced Field Artillery Tactical Data System (AFATDS) or Strike Link.
- Experience with loitering munition systems.
- Experience with weapon systems command and control
- Experience performing MIL-STD-882E hardware, software and integration safety analyses.
- Operational knowledge and troubleshooting of Android based handheld devices.
- Experience with DI2E developer tools, especially JIRA and Zephyr.
- Familiarization with the Agile development process.
- Familiarity with execution of a MIL-STD-882E System Safety program in a rapid acquisition/fielding environment.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an active SECRET security clearance.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.