SAIC is seeking a Senior Legal Analyst/Team Lead to provide support on-site in the Pentagon in working as part of contract team with the Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD), Office of the General Counsel for International Affairs (OGC/IA).
The candidate will:
- Perform direct report manager responsibilities for a team of twelve personnel providing onsite support in the Pentagon
- Work closely with the Deputy General Counsel, International Affairs and Associate General Counsels daily on subject matter relating to DoD assets, personnel, and international and domestic affairs for the Secretary of Defense (SecDef).
- Provide preliminarily review of legal files for sufficiency before final review by supervising attorneys.
- Provide initial analysis, review, and support for international agreements to which the DoD and its components are signatories.
- Provide preliminary review and preliminarily prepare orders authorizing the deployment of U.S. Forces, worldwide; orders to execute military operations; international agreements; defense trade cooperation treaties; intellectual property agreements; international cooperative agreements; cross-service agreements; status of forces agreements; rules of engagement; and significant military exercises briefs.
- Conduct legal research, as necessary.
- Perform research and analysis; cite checking; and database searches using STS, Westlaw, Lexis, and other sources of information.
- Assist with legal administration including the coordinating, assisting, and filing of legal actions for OGC/IA.
- Oversee management of the International Agreements Database (IAD).
- Attend meetings and conferences related to International Affairs topics; liaison with other government agencies and DoD Components and provide back-up support for the legal administrative team.
- Provide backup support to other analysts for a variety of subject matters relating to International Affairs.
- Support the following international agreements: Article 98, Acquisition and Cross Servicing Agreement, Counter-Threat Reduction, General Security of Military Information Agreement, General Security of Information Agreement, Status of Forces Agreement, Chapeau Agreement, Military Information Exchange Agreement, Circular 175, Defense Cooperation Agreement, Research and Development Agreement or Memorandum of Understanding, Loan/Grant/Guaranty/Credit Agreements, Liaison Agreements, Personnel Exchange Agreement, Reciprocal Defense Procurement Agreement, Non-Reciprocal Agreements, Reciprocal Government Services Agreement, Exchange of Scientist and Engineers Agreement, Loan and Lease of Equipment Agreement, Implementing Arrangement or Agreement, and Cyber Defense and Information Assurance Agreement.
- Bachelors’ Degree and ten (10) years of related experience in a field related to political science, international affairs, national security, or legal studies
- Previous experience including direct responsibilities in supervising personnel and managing contract resources.
- Demonstrated experience drafting, reviewing, analyzing, and preparing international agreements.
- Demonstrated experience with legal research, analysis, administration, document management.
- Motivated, self-starter with the ability to accomplish tasks under pressure with limited supervision.
- Fundamentally requires an open and creative mind, the ability to conduct rigorous analysis with limited oversight from senior management, and the ability to present difficult concepts in simple terms.
- Experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) applications and online research tools
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required together with proficient research and analytical skills.
- Exceptional client service and professionalism while working at the client site.
- Flexibility to accommodate time-sensitive and mission-critical work.
- Active DOD TS/SCI Clearance.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.