SAIC is seeking a Senior Legal Analyst to provide support on-site in the Pentagon in working as part of contract team with the Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD), Office of the General Counsel for International Affairs (OGC/IA)
- The candidate will:
- Work closely with the Deputy General Counsel, International Affairs and Associate General Counsels daily on subject matter relating to DoD assets, personnel, and international and domestic affairs for the Secretary of Defense (SecDef).
- Provide research, analysis, and administrative support for the daily tasks required of OGC (IA) within its current concept of operations (ConOps).
- Provide preliminarily review of legal files for sufficiency before final review by government attorneys.
- Provide preliminary legal review and preparation of orders authorizing the deployment of U.S. Forces, worldwide; orders to execute military operations; international agreements; defense trade cooperation treaties; intellectual property agreements; international cooperative agreements; cross-service agreements; status of forces agreements; rules of engagement; and significant military exercises briefs
- Provide initial analysis, review, and support for international agreements to which the DoD and its components are signatories.
- Coordinate packages with other sections of OGC, other OSD offices, the Joint Staff, DoD components and agencies, and other U.S. Government departments and agencies
- Utilize the OGC Suspense Tracking System (STS) data file system.
- The candidate will:
- Disseminate daily SecDef Cables to the appropriate Attorneys for action.
- Support the International Agreements Database (IAD) as needed.
- Prepare the GCs Briefing Books for the SecDef Briefings.
- Attend meetings and conferences related to International Affairs topics; liaison with other government agencies and DoD Components.
- Work and coordinate with high-level DoD offices and officials.
- Perform research and analysis; cite checking; and database searches using STS, Westlaw, Lexis, and other sources of information.
- Open and close packages in OGCs suspense tracking systems (STS).
- Assist with legal actions including the coordinating, assisting, and filing of legal documents for OGC/IA.
- Coordinate with outside agencies to provide agreements from IAD.
Provide backup support to other analysts for a variety of subject matters relating to International Affairs.
Educational & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree and six (6) years of related experience; Master’s degree and four (4) year of related experience. a
- Three years relevant experience with the following:
- Providing preliminarily review of legal files for sufficiency before final review by supervising attorneys.
- Providing preliminary legal review and preparation of orders authorizing the deployment of U.S. Forces, worldwide; orders to execute military operations; international agreements; defense trade cooperation treaties; intellectual property agreements; international cooperative agreements; cross-service agreements; status of forces agreements; rules of engagement; and significant military exercises briefs
- Providing initial analysis, review, and support for international agreements to which the DoD and its components are signatories.
- Fundamentally requires an open and creative mind, the ability to conduct rigorous analysis with limited oversight from senior management, and the ability to present difficult concepts in simple terms.
- Experience in MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) applications and online research tools
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required together with proficient research and analytical skills.
- Commitment to exceptional client service and professionalism while working at the client site.
- Flexibility to accommodate time-sensitive and mission-critical work.
- Active DOD TS/SCI Clearance
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.