SAIC is seeking a qualified Physical Scientist Principal to support the Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA), Chemical Biological (CB) Technology Department, Advanced and Emerging Threat portfolio. The successful candidate will provide subject matter expertise as well as project management support for a CBRNe defense science and technology portfolio of projects developing capabilities to counter chemical warfare threats. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Leverage toxicology and computational toxicology expertise to review proposals, technical reports, experimental or theoretical techniques, scientific studies and statements of work to ensure technical validity and evaluate current and emerging predictive toxicology methods and technologies;
- Track performance of chemical and biological defense related technical projects to ensure they continue to meet program objectives;
- Assist in setting portfolio, project, and product level strategy and priorities;
- Ensure portfolios are responsive and mapped to program goals and requirements;
- Establish and maintain relationships with relevant internal and external stakeholders in the CB defense community;
- Provide support to acquisition and planning, programming, budgeting, and execution processes impacting research
- Coordinate and consolidate both technical and strategic responses to support division initiatives to a variety of internal and external audiences;
- Create briefings and products for both technical and senior leader audiences;
- Advise the program team on risk assessment and risk management, technology portfolio and pipeline management, technology transfers, and intellectual property management;
- Participate in Integrated Product Teams and serve as technical point of contact;
Education & Experience:
- Masters and seven (7) years of related experience; PHD and four (4) years of related experience.
- Experience providing technical expertise for chemical or biological research, or the Chemical and Biological Defense Program
- Combination of successful completion of a full course of study in an accredited college or university leading to an advanced degree (MS/PhD) in Pharmacology, Toxicology, Neuroscience, Physiology, Medicinal Chemistry or a related discipline;
- Detail-oriented, self-starter with excellent communication and time management skills.
- High-level proficiency with MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word; ability to quickly learn to use new IT systems and software;
- Active DOD Secret level clearance;
- Active / current DoD TS/SCI clearance;
- Knowledge of traditional and emerging chemical warfare agents.
- Knowledge of and DoD acquisition policies;
- Strong chemistry background including knowledge of laboratory methods;
- Knowledge or experience in data science, machine learning or computational chemistry
- Science and Technology (S&T) project management experience in laboratory (government or industry) or Research and Development (R&D) program
Target salary range: $125,001 - $150,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.