Job Description: The cistomer requires two technical SETA contractors to provide transition and decommission support services to the Data Flow and Routing Solutions (DFRS) systems engineering team to support the transition and decommission of legacy systems. Required support includes documenting system functionality, features, interconnections, dependencies and performance and degradation. The contractor shall support configuration management functions by creating visual representations of the system, depicting system inputs, servers, processes, and system outputs (configuration management).
- Support T&D requirements and processes to include project planning/management/monitor/control, risk/mitigation management
- Assist with developing, evaluating, documenting, and creating new system designs, facilitating technology transition, and evaluating solutions.
- Document and/or validate the current system design against the as-is implementation. Identify, characterize, and map system limitation vs customer expectations.
- Support the management and modernization of data formats and coordinate changes/modifications.
- Provide support to technical leaders by coordinating activities pertaining to the development, documentation and maintenance associated with changes to the system.
- Support cross-directorate Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) and engage stakeholders in accomplishing work for technology insertion projects.
- Research and document dataflow processes according to standards of compliance in support of the Enterprise Data Header (EDH) initiatives. Support will include research, analysis, documentation, and integration of how data can be identified, protected, tracked, and handled throughout its life cycle.
Individual Capabilities/Experience Required:
- First Postion: A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, or a related discipline and at least 2 years of systems engineering experience. A Master’s or PhD Degree may be substituted for the two years of experience. Note: A High School Diploma or GED plus 6 years of systems engineering experience would also be acceptable.
- Second Position: A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, or a related discipline and at least 6 years of systems engineering experience. A Master’s or PhD Degree may be substituted for two years of experience. Note: A High School Diploma or GED plus 10 years of systems engineering experience would also be acceptable
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Position requires TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- This is a full-time position requiring 1880 hours per year
Individual Capabilities/Experience Desired:
- Experience in the system engineering disciplines, with experience in dataflow analysis, transitioning and decommissioning, system architecture.
- Demonstrated experience in cross-program/cross-organization integration; ability to work constructively and successfully with diverse stakeholders to resolve mission and technical issues is critical
- A self-starter, have a high level of attention to detail, and possess excellent oral and written communication skills, and be proficient with Microsoft Office Tools.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.