Job ID: 219013
Location: EGLIN AFB, FL, United States
Date Posted: Oct 4, 2021
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Specialty Engr
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI with Poly
Potential for Remote Work: No
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is seeking a Senior Principal Specialty Engineer to serve as Liaison between HQ Air Combat Command (ACC) and Eglin AFB organizations. Liaison will represent ACC A5/8Z Advanced Programs Division to provide long-term continuity and reachback capabilities to oversee ACC weapon programs and other activities under A5/8Z’s purview. The successful applicant will steer development of advanced Science and Technology (S&T) programs to transition into the Combat Air Forces (CAF). You will coordinate across multiple MAJCOMs, Air Staff and other organizations as required to integrate priorities across the warfighting portfolio and shape CAF programming strategy to ensure warfighter future requirements are met.
Key duties/responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Act as ACC/A5/8Z's senior technical advisor to AFLCMC/EB and its subordinate program offices, 53 Wing, AFRL and industry supporting program management, requirements definition, technical, and analytical support
· Provide operational, technical, and analytical assistance to document JCIDS and other MAJCOM and Special Access Requirements
· Regularly interface with OSD, Joint Staff, Air Staff, MAJCOMs, NAFs, AF TENCAP, FFRDCs, and other Government organizations when performing duties associated with ACC/A5/8Z.
· Provide advice and assistance to leadership in the areas of mission needs and requirements analysis, concept of operations development, program tradeoff analysis, program roadmap creation including technology insertion, platform integration, and support planning
· Recommend policy changes and support the communication of policy changes
· Assist in the drafting, review and implementation of procedures, policy, systems capability definition and requirement documents, and guidance for incorporation into CAF operations
· Provide security/indoc briefing to personnel
· Plan, coordinate, and attend ACC/A5/8Z official functions and conferences
· Represent ACC/A5/8Z at Eglin AFB and regional meetings
Bachelor’s with 14 years of military aerospace technology experience, Master's and 12 or PhD and 9 Years
Ten (10) years’ experience in one or all of the following disciplines: A-A/A-G weapons, electronic warfare, or electronic countermeasure systems
Three (3) years MAJCOM staff, or equivalent experience. (Above Wing level or sister service equivalent)
Previous rated pilot or Weapons System Officer or 10 years of working operational requirement programs
Five (5) years of SAP experience required
Position requires up to 25% travel to CONUS, Alaska, and Hawaii areas, OCONUS travel possible
Clearance: Top Secret must be able to obtain TS/SCI with Poly
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.