SAIC is seeking a Systems Engineer- Manufacturing Subject Matter Expert to join our team of qualified, diverse, and highly motivated individuals supporting the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense, Research and Engineering (OUSD(R&E)).
The perfect candidate will have deep production, quality, and manufacturing (PQM) experience in major defense acquisition weapon systems; executed PQM duties as a civilian, military or support contractor within a Service-level program office; and served a staff member of a Service or OSD-level policy and workforce development office.
The Manufacturing SME candidate will:
- Conduct manufacturing and quality assessments to include: Manufacturing engineering assessments, Independent Technical Risk Assessments, PDR/CDR assessments
- Conduct reviews of program documents and technical performance measurements/metrics
- Conduct manufacturing readiness assessments
- Identify programmatic and technical risk and provide actionable recommendations with the objective of triaging programs to stabilize them and then support them until success.
- Establish, maintain, and improve knowledge of manufacturing technologies, capabilities, and acquisition workforce competencies;
- Formulate DoD manufacturing policies, best practices, standards, and activities to implement the DoD’s chartered responsibilities for enabling DoD systems engineering.
- Act as liaison between the research and development department and DoD client to ensure manufacturing engineering is at the forefront of ground-breaking research.
- Work will be performed primarily at the Pentagon, the Mark Center in Alexandria, VA, and local company offices. Travel will be required, less than 15% of the time, predominantly within the continental United States.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Production Management, Industrial Management, or Manufacturing Engineering and fourteen (14) years of related experience; Master's degree and twelve (12) years of related expereince.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in Manufacturing
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in the Defense Acquisition Community as a Military Officer/Government Civilian/or Contractor
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Manufacturing and Quality Certification (i.e., DAWIA or industry certification)
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of DoD and industry manufacturing and quality statutes, policy, guidance, standards, and tools.
- In-depth technical knowledge and experience with existing and advanced concepts, DoD weapon systems and their capabilities, concept of operations, and limitations
- Demonstrated knowledge in manufacturing and quality best practices, DoD manufacturing technologies program, and manufacturing level readiness/assessments.
- Certified manufacturing or materials engineer
- Post-graduate in engineering discipline
- Prior OSD/PEO staff-level experience
- Expertise in system capabilities, performance, and operations of land, sea, air, or space platforms; offensive, defensive, kinetic and directed energy weapons; sensors for ISR and fire control; or communication networks.
- Expertise and experience in evaluating manufacturing plans and processes for complex DoD Weapon Systems.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.