SAIC is seeking a Systems Engineer- Manufacturing Subject Matter Expert to join our team of qualified, diverse, and highly motivated individuals supporting the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense, Research and Engineering (OUSD(R&E)).
The perfect candidate will have deep production, quality, and manufacturing (PQM) experience in major defense acquisition weapon systems; executed PQM duties as a civilian, military or support contractor within a Service-level program office; and served a staff member of a Service or OSD-level policy and workforce development office.
The Manufacturing SME candidate will:
- Conduct manufacturing and quality assessments to include: Manufacturing engineering assessments, Independent Technical Risk Assessments, PDR/CDR assessments
- Conduct reviews of program documents and technical performance measurements/metrics
- Conduct manufacturing readiness assessments
- Identify programmatic and technical risk and provide actionable recommendations with the objective of triaging programs to stabilize them and then support them until success.
- Establish, maintain, and improve knowledge of manufacturing technologies, capabilities, and acquisition workforce competencies;
- Formulate DoD manufacturing policies, best practices, standards, and activities to implement the DoD’s chartered responsibilities for enabling DoD systems engineering.
- Act as liaison between the research and development department and DoD client to ensure manufacturing engineering is at the forefront of ground-breaking research.
- Work will be performed primarily at the Pentagon, the Mark Center in Alexandria, VA, and local company offices. Travel will be required, less than 15% of the time, predominantly within the continental United States.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Production Management, Industrial Management, or Manufacturing Engineering and fourteen (14) years of related experience; Master's degree and twelve (12) years of related expereince.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in Manufacturing
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in the Defense Acquisition Community as a Military Officer/Government Civilian/or Contractor
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Manufacturing and Quality Certification (i.e., DAWIA or industry certification)
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of DoD and industry manufacturing and quality statutes, policy, guidance, standards, and tools.
- In-depth technical knowledge and experience with existing and advanced concepts, DoD weapon systems and their capabilities, concept of operations, and limitations
- Demonstrated knowledge in manufacturing and quality best practices, DoD manufacturing technologies program, and manufacturing level readiness/assessments.
- Certified manufacturing or materials engineer
- Post-graduate in engineering discipline
- Prior OSD/PEO staff-level experience
- Expertise in system capabilities, performance, and operations of land, sea, air, or space platforms; offensive, defensive, kinetic and directed energy weapons; sensors for ISR and fire control; or communication networks.
- Expertise and experience in evaluating manufacturing plans and processes for complex DoD Weapon Systems.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.