- Provide support of organization’s information technology architecture and business needs, monitor and maintain the stability of multiple mainframe systems and resources in the Mainframe Line of Business Operations and Application Support environment using performance/ workload monitoring tools.
- Provide IBM and Unisys Mainframe Operations/Application support including performing IPL in a highly-complex mainframe operating environment. Provide generalized expertise in OS2200, z/OS, and z/VM operating environments, JES2, JCL, and OpCon Unisys scheduling tool.
- Utilize a Windows-based personal computer workstation and the Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Excel, and Word), Internet browsers, Mainframe Terminal Emulation Software, and ITSM ticketing software.
- Provide support using standard tools (currently BMC Control Products Suite) for scheduling to include building, maintaining, and scheduling batch processing.
- Develop schedules for IBM z/ OS jobs and staged release information on libraries, update database tables and assist in any implementation, upgrade or update.
- Conduct troubleshooting of mainframe application support issues in a manner that minimizes interruptions in the MLOB ability to provide customer support. The contractor shall work with government personnel, other contractors, MLOB management, and customer personnel to ensure overall efficiency and effectiveness of MLOB Operations and Application Support.
- Provide status and activity reports on items of team activities. Attend and participate in meetings.
- Evaluate the customer’s mainframe processing requirements (e.g. scheduling requests, capacity concerns, and performance requirements) and comprehend/effectively communicate these requirements to customers and government employees (both orally and in writing).
- Troubleshoot problems to minimize interruptions in the customer's critical business activities. The contractor shall proactively identify and resolve system performance bottlenecks.
- Provide follow-up during incident management including ITSM ticket updates, system documentation, and what steps were taken to fix the issue, especially concerning items that are reportable. Contacting the customer via phone/email may be required during incident management.
- Contact customer for required system reporting such as: unannounced outages, service interruptions, and system restoral. These must fall within customer requirements/standards/service level agreement (SLA).
- Support customer performance requirements and customer support policies/procedures in order to ensure that the customer’s SLA objectives are being achieved.
- Use government documented processes and procedures to download and install application releases.
- Use DISA approved tools and follow policies for Change, Incident and Service Requests.
Shift: Night Shift
- Monday-Friday night for first week of pay period (2330-0830 ET), Eight hour night on Friday night, off at 0730 ET on Saturday morning.
- Monday-Thursday night for second week of pay period (2330-0830 ET).
Education: High School and up to two (2) years of related experience with certification.
Certifications: DOD 8570
Clearance Required: None Clearance Level must be able to obtain Secret
Target salary range: $25,001 - $50,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.