Job ID: 218916
Location: ST. LOUIS, MO, United States
Date Posted: Jun 14, 2021
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Network Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Remote Work: No
Benefits: Click here
May design, analyze, plan, modify, and maintain networks and network components supporting data, voice
and/or audio communication activities. Prepares the analysis of short/long term capacity needs for switching, routing
transmission and signaling. May conduct network architecture design, feasibility and cost studies as well as internal studies of
network performance and traffic analysis. May evaluate new technology. Duties may include providing specifications and
detailed schematics for network architecture; providing information for hardware and software selection; and tools for the most
efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements. Conducts testing of network
systems. Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and
interfacing, such as routers, switchers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc. Evaluates and reports on new network
technologies to enhance capabilities of the network.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related
- US Citizen with the ability to obtain a Secret Clearance. An Interim Secret Clearance will be required to start the position
- Experience leading teams or mentoring younger engineers/admins
- Outstanding diagnostic, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Good knowledge of LAN/WAN networks, TCP/IP protocols and network technologies
- Familiarity with concepts and best practices of Network Security
- Hands-on experience with common software and hardware
- Good written and verbal communication skills, with a focus on accurate and succinct documentation of all work performed for
ticketing purposes and collaborating with team members.
- CCENT/CCNA qualifications are strongly preferred (Net+ acceptable)
- CCNA Security/SEC+ qualifications are strongly preferred.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.