SAIC is seeking experienced Systems Engineers to support the engineering, development, integration and sustainment of numerous state-of-the-art satellite ground systems in Albuquerque, NM. The Systems Engineers will report directly to the program’s Systems Engineering Manager and support the Space and Missile Systems Center Advanced Systems & Development Directorate (SMC/AD) to develop, deploy, modernize, and expand the EDIS program and its customers.
- Capture system requirements and develop system baselines
- Conduct full lifecycle engineering reviews including System Requirements (SSRs) and System Design Reviews (SDRs), Preliminary (PDRs) and Critical Design Reviews (CDRs), etc.
- Support and participate in system Configuration Management process including Engineering Change Proposal, Engineering Review Board/Configuration Control Boards (ECP, ERB/CCB)
- Identify system development risks, construct risk management plan and risk mitigation approaches
- Design and implement technical solutions for new business needs and challenges.
- Respond to and resolve issues reported by employees by debugging, performing root cause analysis, and working closely with internal and external support teams
- Participate in the extraction, organization and documentation of hardware, firmware, and communication system requirements, linking the needs of the Software development application teams to Hardware and Firmware requirements.
- Work with the Systems Test Team to ensure proper requirement Verification and Validation methodology and execution, including determining test strategy and coverage based on a technical risk assessment for each use case or functionality.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering, scientific, or technical discipline and 14 years or more relevant experience; Master’s degree in an engineering, scientific, or technical discipline and 12 years or more relevant experience
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in the areas of systems development, engineering and acquisition
- Active Top Secret Clearance with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI
- Excellent communication skills, able to describe complex technical issues in a concise and user-friendly manner.
- Proven knowledge in Requirements Management, Quality Control, and Configuration Management
- Strong written and interpersonal skills
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of systems engineering processes, methods, tools, and program roles to develop, implement, and deploy solutions for Satellite Ground Equipment/Systems
- Familiar with systems engineering standards such as IEEE 15288 and INCOSE
- Demonstrated success overseeing a growing number of disparate SaaS systems with complex integrations and automations
- Demonstrated success overseeing all aspects of Single Sign-On (SSO) implementation across user endpoints, SaaS, and authentication servers (SSH)
- Experience in Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) construct and Earned Value processes
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.