Job ID: 218857
Location: MACDILL AFB, FL, United States
Date Posted: Jun 10, 2021
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Network Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No
Benefits: Click here
SAIC has an immediate opening for an IT Systems Event Monitoring Technician supporting the C4ES USCENTCOM program at MacDill Air Force Base, located in Tampa, Florida.
The IT Systems Event Monitoring Technician position requires both broad and deep technology knowledge and the ability to effect solutions by applying advanced analysis skills to map customer business challenges to reusable and appropriate end-to-end technology solutions.
· Operate a server maintenance program that provides systems administration, operations and maintenance, and support for all USCENTCOM networks (U.S., allied, and coalition, and of several classification levels), to include servers (physical and virtual), Storage Area Networks (SAN), software applications, firmware, and network security.
· Provide overall enterprise level system administration, planning, and management.
· Manage, monitor, and optimize geographically dispersed networked systems.
· Develop, implement, and document network systems.
· This is a deployable position, with travel both CONUS and OCONUS (i.e. Qatar, Bahrain, etc.) as such, possession and maintenance of a current U.S. passport is required.
SPECIFIC TASKS & SKILLS:
The Systems Monitoring Technician acts as central point of contact as Server SME during operational crisis that impact critical systems.
· Focus on SCOM engineering efforts as the Subject Matter Expert for the CENTCOM enterprise.
· Coordinates and leads restoration of services across the enterprise and different technical disciplines.
· Creates post analysis "after action reports" to develop strategies for preventive maintenance, changes to monitoring posture, and changes to event management response procedures.
· Provides direct management oversight of the SCOM Management Console.
· Monitors server based change actions for effects to the network and system performance.
· Performs troubleshooting, Change rollbacks or fix actions accordingly.
· Handles Tier I escalations from Help Desk and PC maintenance personnel. Resolving issues that Tier I personnel are not able to troubleshoot.
· Researches and resolves user issues through direct contact with customer by telephone and walk-in support Takes a leadership role within the EOC.
· Engineers new solutions for problems with no documented resolution. Must provide a written engineering solution to VIP'S and management to resolve issues.
· Monitors Exchange system servers for proper functions to include Outlook Web access for offsite personnel.
· Verify Exchange System Enterprise Vault queues for proper mail archival operations.
· Actively monitors and assures the availability of Virtual Desktop Interfaces so end users can logon to the network with no issues or delays.
· Failover cluster administration and monitoring. Assuring cluster node availability in the event of a system failover by monitoring SCOM alerts and verifying resource availably within the Cluster Admin Console.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.