SAIC is seeking a Chief Systems Engineer/Analyst to support Mission Integration Management, Engineering, and Analysis activities. This position is located in the Horizontal Business within SAIC with high company visibility and will support programs across SAIC's portfolio in the Air Force, Space Force, Navy and Army. Our customers require mission engineering, analysis, and integration expertise to produce objective insights and analytic justification to advise them on Joint All-Domain Operations (JADO), JADC2, with respect to the Advanced Battle Management System (ABMS), Project Convergence, and Project Overmatch will focus on rapid integration of capabilities for delivery to operational users. The position is located in Arlington, VA.
- Applying subject matter expertise in technologies; system capabilities, performance, and operations; and joint force operations related to one or more of the following areas: Joint force application and integration, concepts of employment, concepts of operations, and operational constraints; land, sea, air, and space platforms; offensive, defensive, kinetic and directed energy weapons from all domains; sensors for ISR and fire control; cyber warfare; communication networks; electromagnetic spectrum management - to include Electronic Warfare and 5G; automation applications; Command, Control, and Battle Management; and/or Fires - close air support, long range fires, targeting, air and missile defense
- Applying experience and expertise in Joint Force design, development and application, operational constraints, concepts of operation, concepts of employment, development and execution of COCOM operational plans, threat tactics and responses, logistics approaches
- Support stakeholder integration working level meetings related to Joint Capabilities Integration and Development System (JCIDS), Joint Force Integration Cell (JFIC), Joint All-Domain Command and Control (JADC2), War gaming / Table Top Exercises (TTX), Service / COCOM Engagement, Industry Engagement, and USD(R&E) Modernization Assistant Directors
- Work with the Joint Staff, to explore new concepts of employment, and research labs and the modernization communities and use critical thinking to explore and develop alternative and innovative solutions for study
- Conduct mission engineering and analysis studies to evaluate the efficacy of legacy architectures and new technologies in new mission concepts of employment to meet evolving joint mission objectives; produce a comprehensive mission blueprint that documents and communicates the ways and means to achieve the recommended joint mission solution and the analytic justification for the value it provides
- Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Master's and twelve (12) years or more experience; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more experience.
- An active TS/SCI security clearance
- Expertise in developing system solutions to complex and challenging DoD problems
- Experience leading the planning and execution of complex mission and systems analysis efforts
- Experience leading Systems Engineering (SE) tasks including Technology Analysis and Assessment, System Definition, Systems Analysis, Systems Architecture development and architecture products for Systems of Systems (SoS), kill chain analysis, SE trade space and analysis to define capability gaps, Modeling and Simulation activities for mission improvement, and Logistics support of Department of Defense (DoD) systems.
- Experience in supporting technical, managerial or operational fields and have expert credentials or be recognized as an authority and have the mature judgement required to advise senior government personnel
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience as chief engineer or lead systems engineer for a major defense acquisition program development effort is highly desired
- Experience interfacing with Joint Staff, Services, and Warfighters to coordinate engineering and analysis needs and analytic results is highly desired
- Technical background in modeling and simulation with an ability to use a programming language to enhance analysis capabilities
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.