Job ID: 218804
Location: SAN FRANCISCO, CA, United States
Date Posted: Jul 26, 2021
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Sys Administrator
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: Yes
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is seeking an experienced systems administrator in support of a managed services engagement for a major Public Sector account. The selected candidate will be the primary technical resource for Linux Systems Administration. Performs day-to-day operational maintenance, administration, support, patching and upgrades for servers running the Red Hat Linux operating system. This position requires the ability to assist with the architectural, engineering, administration of the Linux infrastructure, as well as participate in the change management and incident response processes. Coordinates, directs and performs complex software installations and upgrades to operating systems and related layered software packages. Continually monitors and tunes multiple systems to achieve optimum performance levels.
Ensures data/media recoverability by developing and implementing a schedule of system backups and database archive operations. Develops, implements, promotes and documents standard operating procedures and schedules. Incumbent in this job works closely with Middleware, Database, and Network teams to troubleshoot issues, implement changes, and deploy release packages.
Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Four additional years' experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Must have experience administrating and managing servers and systems, specializing in RHEL 6 and RHEL7 operating systems
- Must possess a Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) certification or equivalent.
- Experience with Azure or AWS Cloud Environments
- Experience with production environments.
- Be well-versed with scripting of Bash, PERL, Ruby, and Python
- Should be a strong team player with knowledge of Java, Tomcat, and JBoss software applications
- Solid troubleshooting skills and demonstrated ability of end-to-end problem management and ownership
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be available to participate in on-call work on a reoccurring basis.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Working knowledge of authentication functions and protocols such as LDAP, Kerberos, and Active Directory
- Experience with Windows Servers
- Conceptual knowledge of Storage systems (SAN/NAS)
- Must be able to pass the California Department of Justice and FBI background check process
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.