SAIC is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to join our team in Sterling Heights, Michigan to lead the technical approach, design, development, integration, and demonstration of leading edge technologies for future ground combat systems in a digital environment.
- Apply MBSE to define system functions and develop functional and performance requirements
- Apply model-based system engineering (MBSE) to develop architectural views using DoDAF/MODAF (UPDM) and Systems Modeling Language (SysML)
- Analyze MBSE models to derive mission threads and use cases to aid in system-level verification planning
- Lead subject matter experts, stakeholders, and customers throughout the process of developing and coordinating system level specifications
- Mission needs development and concept of operations formulation
- Identify proposed changes to technical baseline documents (i.e., interface documents, specifications documents, architecture products)
- Conduct trade studies and comparative performance assessments of system and architecture alternatives to inform customer investment decisions/recommendations
- Prepare and present engineering analysis, gaps, and recommendations to senior leadership and/or design reviews
- Prepare system and design review packages
- Establish validation and verification approaches including using and developing System Integration Labs (SILs)
- Develop and implement metrics to measure product quality and development performance
- Communicate technical approach and status to senior management and customers
Bachelor’s Degree and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more experience; four (4) years of experience accepted in lieu of degree.
- MBSE experience using Cameo Enterprise Architect, Rational Rhapsody, Sparx Enterprise Architect, or other comparable tools
- Experience working in an Agile team/framework
- Provide thought leadership and innovative solution design addressing the operational mission
- Strong technical background in vehicle and robotic mechanics and dynamics
- Experience in DoDAF, SysML and UML modeling, simulation, and analysis
- Proficiency using DOORS or other requirements management tool
- Experience verifying embedded software systems in SILs, preferred
- Must be able to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders to collaboratively create solutions to address Customer needs
- Contribution to the preparation of presentation materials, white papers, proposals as to support growth initiatives.
Candidates must have the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.