SAIC is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our team in Sterling Heights, Michigan to lead the technical approach, design, development, integration, and demonstration of leading edge technologies for future ground combat systems in a digital environment.
- Provide technical vision to support the development of SAIC’s long term software technical strategy and approach to the military ground vehicle market.
- Serve as a Technical Lead in contributing to and directing the efforts of development teams, including internal and external team members
- Develop software requirements to translate stakeholder needs into software requirements
- Technical capability in the area of embedded software engineering; knowledge in software architecture modeling and software development
- Perform hands-on development of embedded software in a system integration lab (SIL) environment
- Use high level programming languages like C/C++ in real time operating systems like VX Works
- Use Instrumentation Software (LabView, MATLAB), Scripting Tools and Microcontroller experience
- Apply Communication Buses (CAN (J1939), USB, Ethernet) standards
- Development of user interface
- Use Data Distribution Services (DDS)
- Familiar with development tools such as VMWARE, Visual Studio, DOORS
- Develop software using an Agile development environment, and using various SecDevOps tools, such as Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket (Git), Jenkins, and Docker
- Collaborate with other Agile Team members and engineers both internal and external for software development activities and general integration
- Apply ISO/IEC 12207 standards for software and systems engineering
- Communicate technical approach and status to senior management and customers
Bachelor’s Degree and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more experience; four (4) years of experience accepted in lieu of degree.
- Candidates must have experience designing, programming and implementing embedded software systems
- The ability to provide in-depth evaluation and analysis of unique complex technological issues
- Experience with Linux O/S and Windows O/S commands, solid understanding of C++, and knowledge of real time operating systems like VxWorks and RTLinux
- Experience with Instrumentation Software (LabView, MATLAB), Scripting Tools and Microcontroller
- Knowledgeable in Communication Buses (CAN (J1939), USB, Ethernet
- Experience with UI/UX approaches and SecDevOps
- Experience with presenting approaches and status to senior management and customers
- Must be able to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders to collaboratively create solutions to address Customer needs
- Contribution to the preparation of presentation materials, white papers, proposals as to support growth initiatives.
Candidates must have the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.