SAIC is looking for qualified Ground Systems Integration and Test Engineer to support the engineering, development, integration and sustainment of numerous state-of-the-art satellite ground systems in Colorado Springs, CO. The GSI&T Engineers will report directly to the program Engineering Manager and support all Satellite Ground System needs.
Primary duties may include:
- Investigates and implements solutions to product, process or test problems. Implements system level software test programs, test plans, test specifications, and test procedures, for developmental, qualification, and customer acceptance testing.
- Oversee the operational integration and sustainment of the satellite ground systems, conduct and lead root-cause investigations, conduct testing of communication equipment and systems.
- Lead trouble shooting efforts on operational satellite ground systems. Perform technical analysis such as root cause and MTBF.
- Track and record satellite ground systems performance to understand trends.
- Analyze, design, model, and simulate satellite ground systems, subsystems, and algorithms for satellite command and control.
- Perform data analysis, business analysis, scripting, data architecture, programming, database administration
- Design, develops, documents, test and debugs application software and systems to a low level control process (interrupts, digital I/O and serial communication protocols) for electronic equipment. Well versed in modern Operating Systems such as UNIX, Red Hat and Windows.
- Analyze and provide information on space segment lease cost, bandwidth requirements, and frequency management and develop strategies to effectively leverage and integrate new technologies into existing network infrastructure.
- Required ability to exercise considerable individual judgment and initiative in conducting the necessary facilitation and resolution of application/system design.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or Mechanical Engineering with fourteen (14) or more years relevant experience, Master’s degree and twelve (12) years or more experience, or PhD and nine (9) years or more experience. May substitute eighteen (18) or more years of experience for degree.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience directly working with satellite ground systems and/or flight hardware.
- Active Secret with the ability to obtain a TS with SCI eligibility or able to obtain within six months.
- Strong knowledge of protocols, specifications, standards compliance is required
- Must be able to develop initiatives in innovative manner for effective resolution.
- Must demonstrate an in-depth working knowledge of system integration design principles.
- Good understanding of software development methodologies and quality processes.
- Must be able to prepare and conduct effective presentations; assess priorities and self-time manage through deliverables; and coordinate activities with diverse groups and individuals.
- Must have a proven understanding of Systems Engineering processes – IEEE 15288
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience in Agile Development/Iterative Development Methodology (SCRUM) highly desired.
- Model and simulate wide and local area networks, point-to-point systems, secure systems, signal coding and modulation schema, digital radio/communications technology and network architecture design.
- Proficiency in Test Automation design and implementation
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
Target salary range: $125,001 - $150,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.