The SAIC National Security Group is seeking an Enterprise Cloud Architect to join our team in support of the Chief Technology Officer (CTO) at the Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI).
The position must quickly develop a broad understanding of the ODNI CTO’s initiatives. They must project a professional demeanor, utilizing oral and written communication skills. Interpersonal skills are important as this position requires working with and getting buy-in from senior professional staff, and mid to high-level government leadership within the ODNI. The successful candidate must be self-motivated, flexible, and willing to take the initiative on tasks supporting the ODNI CTO.
Additionally, the candidate may be involved in the evaluation and recommendation of commercial and open-source technologies for large-scale data systems providing high availability, geographic diversity, and low latency. The candidate must be capable of detailed technical writing, effective visual presentations, and sound verbal communication with peers and senior management.
The primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Engineering and Documentation development:
- Create technical cloud documentation for review by the CTO
- Provide system engineering support across the Enterprise’s IT disciplines (ie, virtual and physical servers, cloud technologies and network)
- Provide technical leadership of the integration of IT requirement, design and technology
- Provide technical/management leadership on major task or technology assignments
- Provide architectural documents review to include technical review and evaluation
- Provide guidance for capability development and implementation planning through assessment or preparation of system engineering management plans and system engineering integration and test plans
- Provide oversight and strategic direction in the enterprise and system architecture practices, principles, documentation and governance
- Communications skills very important: written, oral
- Will work closely with government customers to define requirements, implement business logic and refine applications
- Provide written recommendations to address problems of system integration, compatibility and platforms
- Assist with the identifying metrics and analyzing measures associated with all ODNI IT systems;
- Candidate must have an active TS/SCI clearance w/CI polygraph
- Bachelor's degree and 14+ years of experience or an additional 4 years of experience without a degree.
- Knowledge of current cloud computing environments, architectures, and migration efforts
- Specific detailed knowledge with AWS cloud and Microsoft Azure cloud, or other cloud service providers;
- Ability to effectively plan, organize, and lead tasks;
- Ability to work with short-notice requirements and fluid priorities;
- Self-starter who requires little or no direction or supervision;
- Excellent written and oral communications skills; specific experience interacting with senior government or commercial leadership;
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint);
- Minimum of three years of experience in supporting the IC
- AWS Certifications
- MS Azure Certifications
- Previous work experience supporting Technology Officers or Technical Directors;
- 5 years combined government or commercial experience in technology and/or technical guidance and support;
- Recent experience performing in a Systems Engineering Technical Assistance (SETA) role
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.