SAIC is looking for a new Network Engineer Principal to support their Chantilly, VA office. Join a high-performing Classified Engineering team using a wide variety of cutting-edge technologies to help shape Network & Infrastructure strategy for the organization by developing, deploying, and modernizing hardware, tools, techniques, and processes supporting SAIC’s most critical missions.
What our team does:
- Deploys, operates and maintains highly compliant networks and systems supporting diverse applications and functions at numerous levels.
- Implements baselines and releases of configurations to positively benefit compliance, uptime/reliability, and performance to meet business objectives
- Maintains concurrency with Government and organizationally-defined procedures, configurations, and baselines.
- Engages in problem resolution when needed to ensure tough issues are fixed, preventative actions are taken, and relevant knowledge is captured and shared across teams.
- Coordinates and manages vendors, suppliers, and providers to ensure operational objectives are met.
What our team Delivers:
- Highly deployable, highly sustainable, highly compliant hardware, software, and system-based solutions for our programs and customers supporting National Security & Defense missions
- CI/CD updates to Networks and Network Configurations in support of various customer compliance frameworks including RMF, NIST800-171/53, and specialized requirements
- Partnership and Support for Stakeholders, including Consumers and Operations teams, ensuring solutions are supportable and effective in meeting the mission objective.
- Collaboration, expertise and engagement in multiple Corporate Communities of Practice/Excellence in Technical and Non-Technical Domains.
- On-site deployment, engagement, and engineering support in controlled environments on a regular basis.
Education, Experience, & Skills:
- BS degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering or related field.
- 5-10 years' experience in Network Engineering, Administration, or a related role with applicable skills/experience.
- History working with, supporting, and deploying USG and DOD Networking concepts (e.g. SIPR, NIPR, EWAN, ICD) a must
- Must be able to meet/obtain an IAT level 2 or 3 certification within 6 months of hire.
- Additional or specialized experience may serve in lieu of Degree.
- Must have or be able to obtain/maintain Active TS/SCI.
- Experience deploying, maintaining, and supporting Juniper, Cisco based network infrastructure. Experience managing encryption hardware, cabling infrastructure, etc. a plus.
- Experience with Network integration/automation solutions, automated configuration management, and/or the tools capable of supporting intelligent operations.
- Demonstrated history deploying and delivering complex IT solutions in close conjunction with Information Assurance and Governance Teams.
- Experience designing, deploying, and maintaining Networking Operations Tools, Processes, and Solutions (e.g. Solarwinds, IPAM, etc.)
- Security and Technical Domain coursework and certifications (e.g. CCNA, JNCIA, CASP+, CISSP, etc.) preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, maintain, and communicate design artifacts including reference documents, architecture, workbooks, and implementation/administration guides.
- Agile/Scrum: Familiarity with Agile, Kanban, Scrum, how Scrum is done, standard Scrum/Agile ceremonies.
- Familiarity with common Server and Workstation (Windows and Linux) commands and system configurations as needed to complete objectives.
- A passion for solving challenging problems and simplifying complex Engineering and Operational challenges by using all available resources including collaboration with teammates, SME’s and resources external and internal.
- Collaborative and engaging - willingness to appear on webcam in remote team meetings
- Excellent written and spoken communication abilities, able to articulate and exchange complex ideas and technical concepts with teammates, stakeholders, and non-technical persons effectively
- Experience Provisioning and Managing Cloud Networking & Deployment of Cloud services in IL-5 or higher providers (e.g. AWS/Azure GovClouds)
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.