SAIC has an immediate need for a Systems Engineer Principal located Washington, DC supporting the Program Executive Office Integrated Warfare System (PEO IWS), Systems Engineering (SE), and Principle Assistant Program Manager (PAPM) with AEGIS Tactics, Techniques, and Procedure (TTP) with legacy and future AEGIS Weapons System (AWS) Baselines (BL). This will involve working with other PAPM branches; other IWS codes (e.g. IWS 2, above water sensors), industry, field activities and others across the Systems Engineering V (e.g., requirements, functional allocation, design, production, integration, verification, validation and sustainment). Specific activities include but are not limited to the following:
- Interface directly with Fleet, Participating Resource Acquisition Managers (PARMs) who manage specific warfare system programs that interface AEGIS TTP, including: field activities (e.g., Naval Surface Warfare Center Dahlgren), research centers (e.g., Applied Physics Lab/Johns Hopkins University), training centers (e.g. AEGIS Training and Readiness Center), and prime contractors/vendors/OEMs (e.g., LMCO) to ensure tasks are accomplished, and objectives and milestones are achieved.
- Support the PEO IWS commonality initiative, open architecture and enterprise hardware process. Interface across IWS and C4I directorates to enable progress towards achieving the PEOs goal of buying the most cost effective hardware solutions by achieving economies of scale in terms of buying power and by reducing maintenance costs. Identify potential rehost and common hardware opportunities across PEO IWS and C4I directorates including all naval combat systems. Provide engineering assessment of recommendations and solutions presented by various stakeholders.
- Prepare, maintain, and distribute informational and decision briefs, point papers, memoranda, and program plans in support of Fleet interaction, acquisition milestones, information exchanges with other programs, and other programmatic forums.
- Support 1SE inputs (presentations and actions) to the Executive Steering Group (ESG), Flag Oversight Review Board (FOSB), various Focus Days, coordination groups, and other Flag and O-6 events.
- Assist the PAPM in maintaining program alignment within IWS 1 and with partner organizations to include PARMs, Missile Defense Agency, and other surface combatant combat management systems.
- Assist in the planning and conduct of Fiscal Year task planning across IWS 1SE and with outside organizations as needed.
- Create and maintain program financial documentation to include budget, task planning sheets, and task planning sheet summaries for tasks under direct PAPM control. Work with baseline management teams to provide roll-up of overall financial status.
- Coordinate across the 1SE team to ensure completion of tasking and assist or delegate assistance where needed. Help ensure that staffing supports required tasking. Help ensure that 1SE PAPM direction is promulgated and executed. Support the coordination and conduct of periodic staff meetings.
- Create and maintain program risks, and assist in the conduct of Risk Advisory Boards.
- Work with IWS 1AD (AEGIS Development), 1AP (AEGIS Production), 1SI (Ship Integration), and 1FR (Fleet Readiness) PAPMs to align TTP SE efforts.
- Support SE Technical Reviews (SETRs) related to SEWIP integration and AEGIS Baseline (BL) development.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree and nine (9) or more years of experience. four (4) years of experience accepted in lieu of degree
- AEGIS experience or similar government or corporate experience is desirable but not required.
- Secret clearance is required.
- Self-starting senior professional with an exceptional work ethic. Team player capable of executing independent work with attention to detail.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills. Must be able to effectively communicate with waterfront personnel.
- Knowledge of AEGIS baselines.
- Fleet operational Combat Systems Electronic Warfare experience, preferably along the lines of senior CTT (formerly EW rating), Systems Test Officer, Combat Systems Maintenance Manager and/or Leading Chief Petty Officer/Division Officer of a Combat Systems Division with an emphasis on operations and to a lesser extent preventive and corrective maintenance skills and other supportability areas such as training and documentation.
- Experience is critical for understanding the day-to-day fleet issues relating to operating EW equipment and how it interfaces with AEGIS.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.