The Deskside Service Technician will provide support and maintenance within the organization's desktop computing environment. This includes installing, diagnosing and maintaining all desktop equipment, printers, software applications and mobile devices to ensure optimal performance. Support will be performed in person (on-site users) or via telephone/remote control (off-site users).
- Ensure proper day-to-day operation of technology applications and equipment by identifying, researching and resolving technical problems.
- Provide deskside assistance to resolve technology issues and provide how-to knowledge transfer to end users on a variety of computer-related issues.
- Perform scheduled moves, installations and cancellations, as well as other MAC-related tasks.
- Provide quality level II support for users with a high degree of customer satisfaction, technical knowledge and timeliness either by resolving the issue or escalating and coordinating efforts of other Information Technology staff.
- Solve technical issues and/or investigate elevated issues by confirming the validity of the problem and seeking known solutions to more complex problems or issues. Must know when to escalate issues not resolved at this level to management.
- Utilize ServiceNow for issue tracking, ensuring all user requests for assistance are accompanied by a ticket and all tickets requiring follow-up work and/or calls receive appropriate attention.
- Ensure all tickets are resolved within documented service levels.
- Interact with asset management, network services, software systems engineering, applications development and/or printer maintenance services to restore service and/or identify and correct core problem.
- Assist in developing and documenting improvements to current processes, creating/updating KAs and SOPs.
- Possess excellent presentation, verbal communication and written skills.
- Provide technology refresh support as needed.
- Provide call center surge phone support as needed.
- All other tasks as assigned.
Required Experience, Education, & Skills
- High school and 2 years of related experience.
- Minimum 2 years of recent experience in a deskside services role supporting end users in a corporate environment; troubleshooting and resolving all aspects of computer hardware and software.
- Minimum 2 years of recent experience in a corporate environment supporting Windows 10 and Microsoft Office Suite (Office 365), and using Active Directory in a domain environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills required.
- Must be comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be able to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Must demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills, excellent customer service skills, and be able to handle pressure.
- Ability to communicate orally with customers, vendors, management, and coworkers is crucial. Some moderately heavy lifting (computers, monitors, printers, etc.) is required.
Desired Certifications & Skills
- CompTIA A+ Certification and/or Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician
- Dell hardware (laptop, desktop, tablet, 2-in-1), Apple iPhone and ServiceNow experience a plus.
- Experience supporting audio/video and video teleconferencing equipment a plus.
- This job is performed indoors in an office setting.
- This position requires the ability to move, carry, push, pull and/or lift up to 45 pounds, as well as climb under/around desks for cable management.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a public trust clearance.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.