Join a winning team! SAIC’s National Security and Space (NSS) Sector is currently hiring for a customer within the National Reconnaissance Office (NRO) in Chantilly, VA. This customer is responsible for designing, building, and operating national security-related systems based in space, in the air, and on the ground. SAIC is a strong company providing opportunities for energetic individuals with a strong desire to expand their knowledge while increasing their responsibilities.
SAIC is seeking Project Scheduler to provide Systems Engineering and Technical Advisory (SETA) services to a rapidly expanding Government Intelligence Community (IC) customer for a complex space and ground efforts as part of an exciting and innovative set of programs.
The Project Scheduler provides support to the Systems Program Office (SPO) in acquisition and execution of mission critical systems. The Project Scheduler is part of a team of high-performing subject matter experts (SMEs) responsible for planning, development and execution of new acquisitions, monitoring contract execution and providing technical analysis. The Project Scheduler responsibilities may include but not limited to the following:
- Serves as the SPO technical expert for the development, maintenance, and assessment of Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) in support of SPO acquisition activities
- Supports the SPO in development of processes based upon best practices for schedule management, compliant with agency and industry guidelines
- Coordinates with project management personnel, technical domain engineers and subject matter experts, and project stakeholders to generate and maintain project IMS
- Develops and maintains primary, secondary, and tertiary critical paths for managed project IMS
- Participates in the planning, tracking analysis, and reporting on multiple projects of varying size and complexity within an IMS
- Conducts analysis of development contractor delivered IMS, utilizing DCMA 14 point schedule assessment methodology - Develops recommendations, reports, and analytic products detailing findings, corrective actions, modifications, and/or opportunities for exploitation to SPO leadership based upon analysis activities
- Interfaces with project personnel for assessment of Earned Value Management System metrics related to management of IMS
- Reviews Contract Data Requirements List (CDRLs), to include the Integrated Program Management Report (IPMR) and the Integrated Program Management Data Analysis Report (IPMDAR)
- Work with Government customer leads, spacecraft system developers, and other subject matter experts across SETA and FFRDC teams.
- Active TS/SCI with Poly
- Bachelors and ten (10) years or more experience; Masters and eight (8) years or more experience.
- Expert with Microsoft Project development, baselines, and tracking
- Understanding of space systems and the corresponding design, development, manufacture, integration & test, deployment, operations, and decommissioning activities
- Understanding of Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA) 14 point schedule assessment methodology
- Understanding of Electronic Industries Alliance (EIA)-748 Standard and the corresponding 32 guidelines
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experienced with Microsoft Office and schedule management/assessment tools (e.g., Microsoft Project, Primavera, Structured Solutions Incorporated (SSI) tools) for technical document development
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.