The successful candidate for this position will lead business development strategy, customer engagement and opportunity identification and qualification for the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) working collaboratively with the National Intelligence Community (NIC) Business Unit Executive Team, Business Developers and Capture Managers. The position reports directly to the Vice President of Business Development for SAIC’s NIC Business Unit.
The successful candidate will:
- Apply a strong understanding of CIA, to include leadership, organizational behavior, buying practices, major programs and industry positions, to develop and manage a dynamic, multi-year pipeline of opportunities.
- Lead strategic planning and positioning for CIA, with emphasis on winning business by delivering differentiated capabilities from SAIC’s extensive solutions portfolio.
- Apply SAIC procedures and best practices to personally identify and qualify opportunities and thereby meet goals for pipeline sufficiency and quality.
- Support post-qualification capture and proposal development for approved opportunities, particularly in the areas of customer engagement; teaming; and coordination with internal business development and sales resources.
- This position supports 2-3 days' a week of teleworking. The rest of the week will be at a Chantilly, VA location.
- Must have a current/active TS/SCI with Poly - we are unable to sponsor
- 14 years + experience
- BS Degree or 4 additional years of experience
- 3+ years of experience in performing strategy development and identification and qualification for complex, prime integration services or systems engineering opportunities with values over $50M+, with 10+ total years of experience in the federal services marketplace.
- Current knowledge of CIA, including existing customer and industry peer relationships. Recent, successful BD experience at CIA is a major plus.
- Outstanding verbal, writing, and inter-personal skills needed to communicate effectively and persuasively with personnel at all levels, both in customer spaces and within SAIC.
- Knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and CIA contracting, acquisition trends and customer buying behaviors.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.