This position is in support of the Department of State (DOS) as a part of the Vanguard 2.2.1 contract. The candidate will be responsible for the development of automation solutions utilizing Ansible Core and Ansible Tower. The candidate will work as part of a team automating distributed data center infrastructure and cloud solutions. This is a remote position.
Description of Duties:
- Execute the duties and responsibilities as a member of the Global IT Modernization (GITM) Virtual Infrastructure Team (VI) at the DOS IRM bureau.
- Develop Ansible playbooks and modules.
- Work collaboratively with the GITM engineering team to create and deploy Ansible solutions for a distributed data center infrastructure environment.
- Administer Ansible infrastructure, perform maintenance and configuration and provide SME level support.
- Provide technical support to GITM Ops concerning automation solution usage.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in our dev, test, and production environments.
- Update system and process documentation and user guides as needed diagrams and SOPs as needed.
Required Experience, Skills, & Attributes
- Bachelor's degree in related field and 9 years of experience. May accept additional years of experience in lieu of degree.
- Experience with Ansible Core and Ansible Tower. (Experience with Ansible strongly preferred, however open to other DevOps (Chef, Salt, Puppet) tools experience).
- Strong experience coding and scripting (PowerShell, Bash, Batch files, etc.)
- Strong experience with RHEL 6, RHEL 7, Windows 2012 and Windows 2016 System Administration.
- Strong knowledge of Source Code Control Systems (Git).
- Experience leading system integration projects as the technical lead.
- Experience working with customers to capture/document requirements.
Desired Experience, Skills, & Attributes
- Strong background in VMWare administration.
- Knowledge of VMWare Integrated Openstack or Openstack.
- Experience with Citrix 6.x or greater.
- Cloud technologies with an emphasis on Azure or Amazon Web Services.
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service architecture (BluePrints, etc)
- LAN/WAN networking experience.
- Must be able to obtain an Interim Secret Clearance to start work.
- Must be eligible to obtain/maintain a Top Secret Clearance.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
Target salary range: $150,001 - $175,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.