SAIC is looking for a Network Engineer to join our team supporting the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation (PBGC). The ideal candidate will have experience Engineering, design and configuration of cloud environments (focus on AZURE), LAN/WAN, Software Define Network
- Experience with Cisco routers, switches and leaf/spine architecture including: BGP/iBGP/eBGP, OSPF, MPLS, VRF, VPN tunnels, VLANs, EPGs, Nexus, ACI
- Document network architecture, concept designs, network change implementations plans, and risk assessment.
- Develop training briefs and provide cross-training to team members
- Minimum 8+ years of enterprise network engineering
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skill set with an understanding of system(s) interoperability
- Practical experience supporting IDS/IPS systems; Cisco Firepower/Sourcefire and/or TippingPoint
- Senior level experience supporting routing protocols (BGP, iBGP, OSPF)
- Senior level experience supporting Dynamic Multipoint, virtual private Network (DMVPN).
- Practical experience supporting Cisco ISE
- Practical experience supporting F5 Big-IP (LTM, GTM, APM & ASM)
- Microsoft Visio, Project, and Office experience
- Strong understanding in the OSI & DOD models
- Strong understanding of encryption algorithms
- Strong understanding of NetFlow, SNMP, SPAN, TAPs and ICMP related uses.
- Work with minimal supervision, set priorities, and give attention to detail and quality, flexible, strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to multi-task, work individually and with a team
- Must have a positive attitude, self-motivated, reliable, trustworthy, strong interpersonal skills, diplomacy, and ability to handle stress in professional manner
- 8+ years of experience with Cisco routers, switches, leaf/spine, F5, Circuits/Ethernet, and IPSEC VPNs
- Experience working with Cisco ISE and 802.1X policies
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and effective in interfacing with internal and external customers fostering collaboration and establishing strong partnerships
- Cisco and industry certifications (i.e. Cisco CCNA/CCNP/CCIE, AWS Cloud Practitioner, VMware VCP, MS Azure Fundamentals, etc.)
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.