The Systems Engineer will provide task management support to the customer’s Cross Access Geolocation (XAG) team. XAG supports capabilities development and enhancement planning support for the IC-community effort to develop a robust, flexible and efficient ad hoc signals geolocation capability. The selected individual will have:
- Working knowledge of software messaging architecture
- Experience with system development and collaborative standards development
- The ability to provide vendor oversight for assigned projects
- The ability to support the Project Manager’s tasking
- An understanding of RMF and be able to provide vendor oversight for assigned projects. The selected individual will have an expectation to have RMF knowledge to include:
- Provide security categorization, requirements, risk identification, and design guidance and analysis to the project team
- Identifying and reviewing, and commenting on the project team’s implementation of security controls
- Coordinating with the DAO to resolve security issues throughout security issues
- Assist with self-testing
- Supporting the project during security control assessment
- Preparing a Plan of Action and Milestones
- Preparing the Continuous Monitoring Plan’s
Individual Capabilities/Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in a qualified engineering field or a related discipline from an accredited college or university with a minimum of 15 years of general systems engineering experience, a Master’s degree or PhD in a qualified engineering field or a related discipline from an accredited college or university with a minimum of 13 years of general systems engineering experience, or a high school diploma or GED with a minimum of 19 years of general systems
- Experience with system development and collaborative standards development and implementation
- Working knowledge of software messaging architecture.
- Experience providing system engineering support to component-, system-, and operational-level testing.
- Detailed knowledge of project requirements capture and analysis.
- Position requires TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
Individual Capabilities/Experience Desired:
- Experience with Military Service and Intelligence Community SIGINT collection and geolocation systems
- Ability to provide vendor oversight for assigned projects.
- Travel may be required.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.