SAIC is in need of a Sr. Systems Engineer to support our ALRE program in Lakehurst, NJ.
The Systems Engineer will be responsible for preparing systems engineering plans and managing technical activities, including requirements development, trade studies, risk management, technical reviews, configuration management, and other technical deliverables. They will be tasked with the responsibility for the definition, flow down, and evaluation of program system requirements.
The Systems Engineer will also be responsible for the technical management of SE acquisition efforts, including: project requirements definition, drafting design specification documents, project plan development/maintenance, systems engineering planning, acquisition strategy development, procurement package development, baseline documentation development, systems engineering technical review orchestration, market research, and SE acquisition team coordination.
Additional Job Duties:
- Responsible for the review of technical documentation in support of Systems Engineering Technical Reviews (SETR), including specifications, requirements documentation, drawings, change proposals, and SETR presentation material.
- Responsible for overseeing of the development testing, including development of test plans and testing procedures for verification of the design.
- Responsible to interface with key stakeholders to identify and resolve emergent engineering issues.
- Applying systems engineering management skills to trade studies, risk management, technical reviews and other deliverables.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience;4 years of experience can be used in lieu of a degree.
- Must have an Interim Secret clearance prior to start date with the ability to obtain a Secret clearance.
Experience with requirements management, requirements definition and/or requirement traceability.
Background in electrical or mechanical engineering.
Must have some experience in systems engineering with DoD Acquisition Programs.
The Systems/Project Engineer shall have a minimum of 5 years of acquisition experience in the project management/systems engineering field for requirements management/verification
Must have demonstrated at least intermediate level skills associated with systems engineering, and a proven ability to perform the duties described above.
Acquisition engineering experience; reviewing all DoD acquisition contract documentation supporting a major system design, development, testing, and production
- Previous ALRE and Model Based Systems Engineering experience
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.