SAIC is seeking a talented Cyber Security Engineer or Technologist to provide software Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) support to Aircraft Launch and Recovery Equipment (ALRE), Support Equipment (SE), or Research, Development, Test & Engineering (RDT&E) in Lakehurst, NJ.
- Provide security engineering for the ALRE infrastructure environment
- Providing cyber engineering expertise to determine security requirements by evaluating best practices; researching security standards/tools; conducting system security and vulnerability analyses and risk assessments; identify integration issues
- Enhance current security team competence by developing and directing secure architecture techniques; answering technical and procedural questions from team members; recommending improved processes; mentoring team members
- Plans security systems by evaluating network and security technologies; developing requirements for local area networks (LANs), secure interfaces, routers, firewalls, and related security and network devices; designs public key infrastructures (PKIs), including use of certification authorities (CAs) and digital signatures as well as hardware and software; adhering to DoD standards
- Monitor and maintain the ALRE network integrity, confidentiality and availability
- Working knowledge of current government mandated cybersecurity policies and procedures
Education, Certification, and Clearance Requirements:
- 5 years of experience and a BA/BS degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics discipline is preferred. However, candidates with an additional 5 years of relevant work experience in lieu of degree may be considered
- A minimum of a Comptia Security+ certification (or the ability to obtain this certification within 60 days of hire) is required
- A Secret level clearance is required. Candidates who’s clearance has been inactive for less than 2 years and can be re-activated to an interim Secret clearance prior to start date will be considered
Technical Experience/Skills Requirements:
- Experience with the analysis, systems design, implementation and testing of secure enterprise information systems
- Expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
- In-depth familiarity with TCP/IP network protocols, application layer protocols (e.g., HTTP, SMTP, DNS, etc.), and general techniques for parsing network protocols
- Experience in information security, risk management with a focus on security, performance and reliability
- Solid understanding of security protocols, authentication, and authorization
- Experience implementing situational awareness techniques/tools
- Ability to interact with a broad cross-section of personnel to explain security measures (NIST 800-53 controls)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certification is a plus
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) certification is a plus
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.